Fishing Akumal

920 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Al Bula
willowratio
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have experience fishing there?

Heading out end of June. Would love to get on some bonefish and stay on the flats.

Any recs?
willowratio
AG
I posted this a while back and obviously didn't get any response.

New question. How safe is the area? Can I go grab lunch with the wife without issue?

Saying at secrets

I have seen. Some good places on yelp.
tommyjohn
Akumal is perfectly safe. I have taken my family down there and rent a condo. We stay on Half Moon Bay and spend time on Akumal Bay as well. Everywhere along the beach road is fine so no worries there. I have not spent anytime in the Pueblo across the highway but can't see why you would as well.
tommyjohn
Also I don't fish but if you are going During the summer months I cannot recomend enough swimming with the whale sharks. It is a haul from that far south but worth every second.
willowratio
AG
Thanks!
MemorialTXAg
Akumal was awesome. And then secrets ****ed it up.
willowratio
AG
In the sense that the resort sucks, or that it came in and took over a cool town?
MemorialTXAg
willowratio said:

In the sense that the resort sucks, or that it came in and took over a cool town?

The later. I'm sure that the resort is nice as far as mass AI resorts go.
Burrus86
AG
Burrus86
AG
willowratio said:

I posted this a while back and obviously didn't get any response.

New question. How safe is the area? Can I go grab lunch with the wife without issue?

Saying at secrets

I have seen. Some good places on yelp.

Just got back from Secrets Akumal on Tuesday. If you have any questions, shoot me an email at JohndotBurrus at WichitaFallsTxdotGov. My wife and I really enjoyed it. Beautiful resort, great beach (sea grass is a problem on windy days), great snorkeling, excellent staff.
Al Bula
AG
Watch out if you're entering the water in half moon bay. Those Black Sea urchins suck dick.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.