Denver

1,569 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BSD
AgBanker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will be in Denver next week for a conference. Already have a Rockies game scheduled. What other suggestions or recommendations do you have for things to do or places to eat?
TIA
BQ2001
AG
One of the beer tours could be fun if you are into that kind of thing.
I did this one a a year or so ago https://denverbrewscruise.com/activities/downtown-tour/
Wicked Good Ag
We loved Root Down for dinner
fire09
AG
Post Brewery has the best fried chicken I've ever had. Avery is also good, both are up North near Boulder. There's a bar/food district on Federal that's pretty awesome as well.
gigemhilo
AG
Avanti Food and Beverage was a unique experience (think food truck park indoors with a bar). Coincidentally it is right next to Root Down.
The Silverback
AG
10 min drive from Downtown but Quality Italian in Cherry Creek is the place to be. Elways Cherry Creek is very good as well
Silky Johnston
Going to Denver over Labor Day weekend and interested in doing some hiking at RMNP. I am an idiot for thinking this would be doable and enjoyable? If that will be too busy, are there another areas for hiking that might be a little less crowded?
BSD
AG
Silky Johnston said:

Going to Denver over Labor Day weekend and interested in doing some hiking at RMNP. I am an idiot for thinking this would be doable and enjoyable? If that will be too busy, are there another areas for hiking that might be a little less crowded?

We went over the week of July 4th. We were on the Bear Lake trail by 6:30am and we're fine. It got very crowded as we worked our way down. In fact, they had closed the road getting into the parking area.

We also hit Alpine Trail road on morning and timed it to be at Alpine Visitor Center at 9:00am when they opened. Again, it wasn't bad. But as we worked our way back up from the west side, it was packed there.

Bottom line: go early.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.