South Pacific/Overwater Bungalow

1,454 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Seven Costanza
BigNastyNate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendations in I think South Pacific.

Want overwater bugalow for anniversary trip and also want AI.

Open to other locations as well but that's my starting point.

Any suggestions?
M.C. Swag
AG
Went to Fiji for my honeymoon last December. Stayed at LikuLiku Lagoon on one of the overwater bungalows. It was gorgeous.

Check out their site here:http://likulikulagoon.com/over-water-bure/

Was freaking awesome.
KALALL
AG
I went to Kudafushi Resort and Spa in the Maldives for my honeymoon and it was incredible.
Post removed:
by user
javajaws
AG
Wow, those are some great suggestions (I'm thinking about a trip to Fiji for 2019). Likuliku looks perfect. While looking around I also ran across this site which lists a lot of places with overwater bungalos:

https://www.visualitineraries.com/articles/Overwater-Bungalows.asp
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Seven Costanza
AG
To me, the overwater bungalows always seemed like a novelty that would quickly lose its appeal after a few hours. "Oh wow, this is so cool. Look how beautiful this is. [next morning...] Okay, I kind of wish we were just staying in a regular beach front hotel." Has this been anyone else's experience?
Potcake
AG
Wife and I stayed a few nights in overwater bungalows on Raiatea prior to a week on a boat. At same time, some friends stayed in some on Taha'a and also Bora Bora. We ended our trip in a beachside bungalow ( partially overwater) at Hilton Moorea. They also have overwaters.
M.C. Swag
AG
Seven Costanza said:

To me, the overwater bungalows always seemed like a novelty that would quickly lose its appeal after a few hours. "Oh wow, this is so cool. Look how beautiful this is. [next morning...] Okay, I kind of wish we were just staying in a regular beach front hotel." Has this been anyone else's experience?

Lol nope. Next morning arrived and I would jump off my private balcony into the ocean and snorkel the reef before coming back to our delivered breakfast. Sip coffee on the private shaded deck and watch the waves break. Have lots of sex with my wife then begin our day with watever hike or drunken activity we felt like doing. 10/10, would rent private overwater bungalow again.
Seven Costanza
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.