Northeast Trip: Portland - New York - Washington DC

969 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JSKolache
rao11010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am in the process of planning a 12 day trip to the north east for my wife's and I anniversary. Start by flying out of Houston July 17th and into Portland, Maine. Stay for day and half in an Airbnb. Main reason to start in Portland was for the food. Next leave on the 19th and fly into New York. From other threads we have come up with plenty of things to do but my one question is the hotel (I am looking into The Roosevelt Hotel on 45th st). We would leave on the 23rd and take the Amtrak down to Washington DC. Within walking distance from union station is the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Seems to be close to just about everything. Stay in Washington for 4 days then fly home from BWI on the 28th. We are always looking at ways to cut cost if it is worth it.

Main Questions:
Are the hotels I am looking at good?
Is it worth it to stay out side of the city in NYC and take the subway downtown to save some money?

Please let me know if you see concerns or what else you might recommend.

Thanks!
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Portland food is worth more then a day and half stay IMO.
The Pilot
AG
Jay@AgsReward.com said:

Portland food is worth more then a day and half stay IMO.
Ditto. Especially that time of the year.
Random Ag
AG
+3 on Portland being worth more time
JSKolache
AG
Capitol Hyatt is legit. Nothing fancy, but legit bar w/ good people watching, esp when they are hosting events/conferences.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.