Phone charger/Electrical equipment in Europe

613 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 07ag
Bluegrass Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Traveling to Europe for 2 weeks with the wife. Its been a long time since I was last there (over two decades), so things have changed in terms of communication. I have tried to find reliable information about how to charge my phone when in Europe.

I have heard a number of things but wanted to get the Board's take on how to charge a phone and if I'll need an adapter or convertor to change the voltage. Thanks for the advice in advance.
TXTransplant
Most European hotels now have at least one standard US 110v plug. Many have USB plugs. But the short answer is you don't need a voltage converter, just an adapter. Or you can just bring a lipstick/portable charger. That was actually my preference, mainly because I use my phone to take a lot of pictures, and the batter ran down pretty fast during the day.
90 bull
AG
I would just buy an adaptor at amazon before you leave. Electronics are more expensive in Europe, and chargers/charging cables in particular are harder to find. You didn't say where you are going, but remember that the continent and England/Ireland have different outlets.
Bluegrass Ag
Thanks, heading to Switzerland and Germany, will look into the adapter for the plug. Appreciate the information
90 bull
AG
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CBSFPV5/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1524598995&sr=8-2-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=europe+adapter+plug&psc=1

$10 for two. I paid $18 for one in France.
07ag
AG
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MGUB9Q/

bought this almost 10 years ago and it's never failed me anywhere around the world
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.