I leave for Turks and Caicos in 12 hours

2,757 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TXAGGIES
Aggie_Eric98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ant last minute tips or must dos?
Thus far we only scheduled the Edge of the Banks snorkel .
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
If you aren't at an AI, grab a couple of bottles at duty free in the way out. Get over to sapodilla and Taylor bay assuming you are on provo
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Staying on grace bay no AI.
nonameag99
Enjoy the beautiful water
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Potcake
AG
We shared a house on Grace Bay with three other couples. Wife and I rented SUP boards for the week. Spent a lot of time just paddling around the end of the island to the backside and along the mangroves. If you see a dark shadow in the water trailing you don't freak, like I did, it's just Jojo the dolphin.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Get some paddle boards for sure. If you go to the Turks Head Brewery you can get their beers for 35 per case. The beer is drinkable. Also get some Bambara rum.It's not really a brewery as much as it is a loading dock. That's a deal considers Coors Light is about 90 dollars per case.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Going through immigration now. I'll check back in 7 days.
aggiec05
AG
Whenever you get back I would love feedback, we are going in May and staying on Grace bay at Windsong.
notheranymore
Honeymooned there. Just gorgeous.
maroon10
AG
Eat at Coco Bistro for a nice dinner out.

Also, Taylor Bay is now restricted and can only get there by boat.
nosoupforyou
AG
Aggie_Eric98 said:

Going through immigration now. I'll check back in 7 days.
wellll... we're waiting... how was the trip? Favorite and least favorite things you did? where did you stay?
Potcake
AG
You've been waiting 8 months?
nosoupforyou
AG
haha - good point!

I have a Mon-Fri in June opening while the kids are at camp so looking now at options - we went to Belize last year and loved it - now looking for other places like Turks and Caicos or Exuma Bahamas - of course hitting the Travel Board is how I'll pull it off

I see YOU have been to all these places - will be asking more advice as I get closer to the plan
Potcake
AG
T&C are essentially the lower part of the Bahamas chain. The water and sand were beautiful on Provo but we thought the Bahamians were muchmore friendly. The water and sand on Eleuthera, and Exumas I suspect, don't suck either.
TXAGGIES
sorry, he was banned but sent me this email to update this thread as he saw it on the forum.

My wife and I went for our 10 year anniversary and were looking for something on Grace Bay and a reasonable price.

We choose RWI and while not 5* accommodations definitely a great value. We reserved a normal suite so we only had a fridge and microwave as we planned on eating out almost everyday. Only complaint we had was a few sugar ants around the sink and it had two full beds instead of one queen or king.

We read reviews about noise from Club Med but never heard anything from there. We hit the pool bar for the The 2 for 1 happy hour everyday. The beach tended to have a lot of towels out early reserving spots but you could always find a spot somewhere.

We rented a car so the location was fine for us as we could drive maybe a mile and get to the grocery store for snacks and liquor.

Food

We hit the following restaurants during our stay, ranked in order of our experience.

Magnolia's- best dinner hands down. We had a 7:00 reservation and were lucky enough to get the rail table overlooking the bay. The sunset and atmosphere were awesome. Calamari and steak dinner was great.

Somewhere- it was raining so only the covered section was open, a little wait but being a Texan I loved the Tex-Mex. Again location was great and we lucked into another table at the railing. I think being a "2 top" makes getting these tables easier.

Bay Bistro - this was our last night at TCI so it was bittersweet. I enjoyed the meal, but once again being on the rail we where near the tropical "weeds" and bugs and were bitten a few times.

The Landing - stopped here on a whim while shopping near salt mills. Nice little joint with good food. Fire pit offered a romantic touch.

Caicos Cafe - first night dining, good salmon but was a very dark atmosphere. I may be grading on a slight curve as we are at so many places during our stay.

Fish Fry - it was an ok experience, more of a I can say I did it. I do not think I would venture out there if I was visiting a 2nd time (which I will). Food was ok and drinks were watered down. It was an experience visiting all the vendors, but I'd prefer a nice restaurant next time.

Bella Luna - this is more of an incomplete. I received a under cooked risotto which hampered my experience. My wife ordered some seafood platter and loved it. Atmosphere was nice.

Also note we did not make any reservations prior to getting on the island, these were almost all walkups except for Magnolias.

Excursions

We only did one real excursion and it was a snorkel tour (4 hour) with Big Blue Adventures. We thought about the Edge of Banks tour but with the water being a bit brisk opted for the shorter tour. We loved the smaller tour group, 8 people, and more one on one interaction with the guides. While no rum punch, they offered fresh fruit, cookies, brownies, chip and drinks. Also when they say they will pick you up they mean in a van not a boat. We noticed numerous tours picking up guests on the beach and figured that is what they meant, wrong.

We also parasailed which my wife enjoyed.
nosoupforyou
AG
Good bull

Hope he can apologize and get back in
TXAGGIES
picture from Magnolia table on the rail, not sure if it will show up or not.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.