5-day, 4-night stay at The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa for just $399.

4,413 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone stayed here or familiar with Cabo to tell me if this is a good deal? It came through my SPG account. How is the location?

Westin Los Cabos
62strat
AG
did you check prices?

I just put in random 4 dates in google and it spit out prices as low as $107 a night. Westin website had it at $120 a night.

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Sorry than $399 total including fees, so basically $100 per night. The one catch is that it is prepaid but flexible to move around. It seems that the rate is not too different from some of their normal rates, anyone have feedback on the location.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Honestly, go on Southwest vacation packages. Just looked and round trip including airfare and all inclusive resort (Riu) and it was $640 per person including fees and that was for the whole week.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Good to know that isn't necessarily a great rate. I'll skip the AI, however. I haven't been to one yet that I have really enjoyed, the food all tastes the same after a couple meals.
Mustang1
AG
Nice looking property but pretty far from Cabo San Lucas. Probably around a half-hour cab ride.
Jock 07
AG
I get those SPG offers from time to time but don't they include a mandatory timeshare pitch?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I don't know about the timeshare pitch, this is the first that was actually appealing to me. I am going to call them tomorrow to get all the details
62strat
AG
I am a timeshare owner and any lodging deal that requires a tour clearly states it in the deal.

Also, the pricing that requires a tour is generally a really good deal.

Matter of fact, I just booked the second weekend of may, 2 nights in a 1 bedroom master suite for $50, requiring the tour. Normal price on that would be $250+. They offered a free room at Hilton, but we wanted to upgrade a bit.

Anyway, I'd expect a lower price if that required a tour.
Jock 07
AG
yup, just checked my inbox, got the email on 6 Apr

Quote:

THIS EXCLUSIVE $299 VACATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
5 Days + 4 Nights at The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa, located in the heart of a vacation destination like no other

Your choice of 5,000 Starpoints from the Starwood Preferred Guest program OR a $75 Resort Certificate for spa services, dining or activities during your stay
Your stay will also include an introduction to Westin Vacation Club. Through a personalized tour and presentation, you'll discover flexible vacations with unique experiences and an award-winning villa resort collection.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Keeper of The Spirits said:

I don't know about the timeshare pitch, this is the first that was actually appealing to me. I am going to call them tomorrow to get all the details

If you want a much nicer quality stay down there; I highly recommend the Grand Fiesta La Americana. Food was compatible with the quality of Sandal's resorts and it's about a 10 minute cab ride to the marina. Once again, I booked this one more than once on southwest and it's usually about $800 or so per person for the week. They have the premium liquor and everything that is included unlike some places.
62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

yup, just checked my inbox, got the email on 6 Apr

Quote:

THIS EXCLUSIVE $299 VACATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
5 Days + 4 Nights at The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa, located in the heart of a vacation destination like no other

Your choice of 5,000 Starpoints from the Starwood Preferred Guest program OR a $75 Resort Certificate for spa services, dining or activities during your stay
Your stay will also include an introduction to Westin Vacation Club. Through a personalized tour and presentation, you'll discover flexible vacations with unique experiences and an award-winning villa resort collection.

Hah.. My offers straight up say something like 'a 2 hour presentation is required by both adults. If you do not attend the presentation, you will be charged the full rate for your stay'. Then they list the income requirements and such.

That SPG wording is quite discreet.. your stay 'also includes', as if it's some sort of extra bonus.

They need to up their game, my tours are usually $150 credit! Or a few times they offered a ski lift ticket.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Thanks guys big help on helping me pass on this one. Sandals quality food is a hard pass for me as well. No real desire to go to Cabo, just thought it might be a decent deal
Jock 07
AG
did you call, was there a timeshare pitch involved?
Texas Ag Mom
I think this is the same deal we were offered last year. We never do TS presentations but we were planning a trip to Cabo anyway so we bought the deal & extended our trip. Our "0ffer" included resort credits so I did some research & found out that you need to check in w/the concierge to claim the credits. That is where they get to you so our plan was to never claim the credits. Harvey hit & our flight got cancelled. There was awful flooding in Cabo so we went to Cancun instead & filed on our trip insurance. Later we were contacted by Westin & they extended the travel dates due to the flooding. We now have the ability to fly for free so we rebooked the Westin for June. Going on standby if we decide to go at all.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I called. No pitch and confirmed that you get a villa instead of a standard room whatever that means. Although I would expect that either way with my Lifetime platinum status.

Went ahead and booked because why the hell not
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.