Thailand for 10 Year Anniversary

859 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Hoyt Ag
Teacher_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Asking on behalf of a friend of mine who wants to do something awesome for he and his wife's 10 year anniversary. Relaxing on a beach is their favorite type of travel so I suggested Thailand as I've heard y'all rave about it on this forum. His questions were where to go and what to do if they have about 7 days to work with? I don't think they'll want to stay in the city much at all, rather get to and stay on the coast. He's wanting to know if he should Airbnb it or find a resort? Where will he get the most bang for his buck and have the most spectacular time and wow his wife? Anything to be careful about or avoid ?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
****et sounds like his best bet. Was there a month ago. Bangkok is awesome, but there is nothing relaxing about that town. ****et has great beaches, still very exotic, but enough of a tourism industry where it makes getting around and getting information really easy.

There are a number of nice resorts and beaches. You can take day tours to Phi Phi for more of the remote islands and beaches. You can also stay over night at some of those islands if they're not wanting to stay in ****et the whole time.

One thing is that Maya Beach, probably one of the most popular stops, is getting shut off from tourists for four months starting in June. The conservation efforts are kicking in because the tourism numbers were so high in recent years.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
SMH. Didn't know you couldn't type that. P h u k e t is what I was trying to post.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Awesome! Thanks Head Ninja. Any particular place in P H U C K E T you'd recommend?
Hoyt Ag
AG
What time of the year? Depending on time of year, Samui might be a better bet. I went to Samui in February for 2 weeks and loved it.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Summer trip. Not sure when in the summer.
I Play With Guns
S
Make sure and spend some time in Patong!
javajaws
AG
I Play With Guns said:

Make sure and spend some time in Patong!
Pattaya says "hold my farang beer..."
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
javajaws
AG
What time of year? Monsoon/rainy season differs slightly depending on where you go. But generally later summer/fall is rainy season with winter/spring being peak season.

Check out agoda.com for hotels/resorts.

One other thing to think about...going there you'll essentially lose a day. So 7 days is pretty short for the amount of travel time involved.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Hoyt Ag
AG
And you gain a day coming back. I go to SE Asia several times a year and always fly home on the EVA Air Sunday flights. Leave Sunday after lunch, in Houston at my house by midnight. Not ideal, but manageable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.