Best area to stay in Austin in June

1,476 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tamc91
90 bull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter wants to take my mother in law to Austin for a few days. Which area is best to look at for a 20 year old and her 79 year old grandmother?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
What are they planning on doing?

I'd recommend the Driskill or Stephen F Austin. Both historic very nice and downtown.

What do they want to do in Austin? You will want to stay near that.
Potcake
AG
Yea, depending on Nana's mobility and what they want to do, Austin Motel or Hotel San Jose, on South Congress are good bases for eating/drinking/shopping/people watching.
longeryak
Barton Creek Omni.
bam02
AG
Keeper beat me to it but I recommend the Driskill. Very cool old hotel. Good location.
longeryak
Y'all really recommending staying on dirty 6TH with an 80 year? SMH
If she does make sure it isn't Thur-Sat nights.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I doubt Granny will be our past 10, dirty 6th is dead until 10-11

Barton Springs would be great as well
f2foxes2001
AG
Terrible S&Rs. Hotel GranDuca at 360 & bee cave. Austin is a hellhole, but if you must go to Travis County,GranDuca is the way to go. You'll thank me later.
"Without the Corps, A&M would be Texas State or t.u." "lots of rednecks wear jorts, lots of rednecks are Longhorns. do the math."
Potcake
AG
Ha, someone from Houston thinks Austin is a hellhole? Rich
Furlock Bones
AG
someone said something ill of Austin. that's the potcake bat signal.
putu
AG
Omni Barton Creek is closing at the end of April for approx. 1 year to finish the Evolution (renovation and new build). We will be adding a new tower (180 more rooms) plus several new F&B outlets, new pool, ballroom, etc.

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/austin-barton-creek

"Cal (9-3) vs. Texas A&M (9-3). On the list of rare sights in Southern California, a team running the option -- as the Aggies like to do with QB Stephen McGee -- ranks right up there with real breasts and 12 inches of snow." Stewart Mandel CNNSI
longeryak
putu said:

Omni Barton Creek is closing at the end of April for approx. 1 year to finish the Evolution (renovation and new build). We will be adding a new tower (180 more rooms) plus several new F&B outlets, new pool, ballroom, etc.

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/austin-barton-creek

That is an asinine time frame with how many people home football games pull in. Starting the first week of December would be much smarter.

Is that in phases as that kills wedding season as well? SMDH

If it is really a year long project I guess it doesn't matter when it starts.
tamc91
AG
Double tree at 15th and Lavaca.
If your MIL gets around well, it is within walking distance of the Capitol, Bullock Museum, and the Blanton Art Museum. Hotel Ella is a great place to eat but not sure I'd stay there due to cost and old, small rooms. Lot of other places to eat and visit in the area
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.