Anyone been to Cancun recently?

10,851 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SoupNazi2001
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We no longer go to Mexico, partly because we like other places and partly because of the violence. With that said, I feel safer in Cancun than in NOLA. However, in NOLA if something happens I will get excellent medical care and at least an attempt by law enforcement to find the crooks. In Mexico, I would get nada.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
SW AG80 said:

However, in NOLA if something happens I will get excellent medical care and at least an attempt by law enforcement to find the crooks. In Mexico, I would get nada.

NOLA pd services will be closer to Mexican policia than you think
SW AG80
AG
I know. That is why I said an attempt, although it may be a feeble one.
62strat
AG
SW AG80 said:

We no longer go to Mexico, partly because we like other places and partly because of the violence. With that said, I feel safer in Cancun than in NOLA. However, in NOLA if something happens I will get excellent medical care and at least an attempt by law enforcement to find the crooks. In Mexico, I would get nada.
You wouldn't get any help from NOLA PD, they only have three departments: homicide, narcotics and parades.

Player To Be Named Later
AG
Got my trip booked to Cozumel for September to do my Advanced Open Water dive course. 5 nights in Cozumel and a night in PDC.

Fly into Cancun and do the ADO/bag drag to Playa ferry.

I'll try to regale you all of great tales of the wild West when I return
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Do you travel with your own gear? I'm a little worried about weight restrictions with them. I bring my own BCD, regs, fins, etc.
AgsMyDude
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

This isn't the kind of anecdotal evidence they like around here. We only like "i never felt unsafe" anecdotes.

Yep. Jokes about how unsafe some may feel given the increased crime rate is apparently the way to go on this thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.