Hong Kong for 10 days

1,269 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Headed to Hong Kong in Early March, staying 10 days.

Hotel in Central, near the history museum.. we'll get in at 4:30pm, likely want to shower, get food, go to bed. Any suggestions?

General suggestions? Can't miss stuff besides Big Buddha? Things you wish you had known?
bthotugigem05
AG
10000 Buddha monastery is excellent, walking the Lugard Road loop in the morning is pleasant as well.
bthotugigem05
AG
You're going to be there for a long time so try to get out into the New Territories a little bit, don't just stay in Central.
Spore Ag
You can do about 6-7 types of transport in one day. If you are into hiking ck Suicide Cliffs. Great hike with a wonderful view but where distraught kids go for there final jump. Also the double decker bus to Stanley is worth it. Check the South China Morning Post for sale on things. I have bought leather jacket for a third of the cost... might be repro but I love it.
Spore Ag
So you going to be their for the Hong Kong Sevens? Great party and word wide tournament for the seven aside Rugby. Worth the visit.
swimmerbabe11
Where in New territories would you suggest ?

Gonna go to lamma and lantau and Macau too
gindaloon
AG
M Bar at Mandarin Oriental or Ozone Bar at Ritz Carlton. Expensive but both great places to take in the views and enjoy a cocktail and appetizer.
schmendeler
AG
is there 10 days worth of stuff to do there? never been, just curious.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Headed to Hong Kong in Early March, staying 10 days.

Hotel in Central, near the history museum.. we'll get in at 4:30pm, likely want to shower, get food, go to bed. Any suggestions?

General suggestions? Can't miss stuff besides Big Buddha? Things you wish you had known?
Just got back a couple of days ago. Was there for only two days, but was able to explore Central pretty well with just that amount of time. I stayed in Sheung Wan and was able to knock out Victoria Peak, Star Ferry across the harbor, Man Mo, hella dim sum, hella drinks, and hella gifts back home from Causeway Bay.

If you like dim sum, Tim Ho Wan is a Michelin-starred spot and pretty cheap and there are multiple locations. Also ate a lot of soup, duck, Chinese barbecue, etc., but from places where a lot of locals ate and I couldn't remember the name.

There's a place in Sheung Wan / Central called Yardbird that we went to as well that was pretty popping. They serve yakitori though, so it wasn't exactly local eats.

Plenty of places to drink around Lan Kwai Fong if that's your thing. I found it overwhelming though and no longer my speed. Dirty 6th, but with a lot of expats.

Anyways, enjoy. Hong Kong is awesome. And use the MTR! It's so easy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.