Charleston, SC

9 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
CBarrett12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A buddy and I got the green light from the wives for a golf trip to Charleston in September. Primarily looking to golf but will want to do some exploring, as well as check out some great food and bars. Anybody have any must see/do places? I'll cross-post on the golf board, but any course recommendations would be welcome as well. TIA.
mellison
AG
If you are into history, go see Fort Sumter.
Here4Beer
AG
I will be there the first weekend in June for a bachelor party. Any recommendations on restaurants, bars, and titters would be much appreciated.
AustinCountyAg
Dinner at Poogan's Porch, history tour at night, dinner at Blossom, take a ferry ride of the harbor, walk the battery,.... oh wait that is everything me and wife did on our trip.

If it was my bachelor party I'd probably stay a night in downtown Charleston and eat at a good place and drink at some of the bars then spend the remainder of my time at Mrtyle golfing or Kiawah golfing
Ag_07
AG
If you enjoy seafood and especially raw bar I suggest The Ordinary on King St. After dinner walk across the street and have drinks at Prohibition.

Breakfast at Hominy Grill is a must. Line may be long but it's worth the wait.

For upscale dinner my vote is for Husk. Get there a early and have a few drinks at the bar (which is actually and old building next door). Really cool bar with a great whiskey selection.

There's a few really good threads on here pertaining to Charleston.
Wicked Good Ag
Another vote here for prohibition bar
Rooftop bar at Vendue

Any food place you hear about likely will be outstanding. But if you have to narrow it down post a list

Ocean Course at Kawaii if into golf with Ryder Cup bar after the round
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.