what to do

1,278 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bulldog73
TheAlarmGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going on a cruise. to Montego bay Jamaica and Cayman island who has been and what do you recommend to do?

thank you.
nosoupforyou
AG
TheAlarmGuy said:

going on a cruise. to Montego bay Jamaica and Cayman island who has been and what do you recommend to do?

thank you.
DO NOT do Dunns River Falls coming from a cruise - the falls were nice, but the 1 hour bus ride there and back was awful.. it's very 3rd world and dirty wtih goats and people walking around and they stop so you can shop around - just stay on the bus.. ugh

when you get off the cruise, sign up for something to stay very near the boat and resorts and you won't know how awful the rest of the island is

PS - put more details in the Subject Heading.. I almost skipped this but gave it s a shot..
nosoupforyou
AG
and Cayman Island - Stingray City of course!
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oezgsPJs.jpg[/IMG]
BlueAg2003
AG
I'm actually going on the same cruise and have really been struggling with what to do in Jamaica. In fact, I kind of regret picking this route over Honduras and Belize because everyone has such negative things to say about Jamaica.
nosoupforyou
AG
nah - Jamaica is great! beautiful water and resorts - just stay right there and you'll love it..(don't travel anywhere outside the resort)
TheAlarmGuy
BlueAg2003 said:

I'm actually going on the same cruise and have really been struggling with what to do in Jamaica. In fact, I kind of regret picking this route over Honduras and Belize because everyone has such negative things to say about Jamaica.
we will be with a group of friends from church,
schmendeler
AG
Go to the pork pit in Montego Bay for jerk pork
Tree Hugger
AG
Rafting the Martha Brae River was fun for us. I didn't mind the bus ride, it's interesting to see more of the island than just the tourist areas. Sure a lot if it is a dump, but once you get back in the rain forests it's pretty cool to me.
TXCityAggie
AG
It's been several years, but when I stopped on Grand Cayman I rented a bike and just rode around the island, stopping at several beaches along the way. Some of them I had completely to myself.
Bulldog73
AG
We stayed at a resort in Montego Bay, and we thoroughly enjoyed it both on and off property. There is a lot of cool things to do, and generally tourists are mostly left alone.

Btw, they call a side dish rice and peas with peas actually being kidney beans.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.