Grand Cayman vs. Aruba

1,107 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by evan_aggie
Burn-It
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Planning family vacation this summer, kids & their friends range from 13-21 years old.

Pro's, con's and recommendations from those that have gone is appreciated. If you've been to both, which one did you like better?
AKA 13-0
Texmid
AG
We went to Grand Cayman three years ago. Awesome trip. We stayed in a house we found online near rum point. That side of the island is much less touristy. I would definitely do it again.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Turks and Caicos?
lil99chris
AG
In my opinion, Grand Cayman is a family-friendly destination. The beaches are nice (had some issues due to the recent hurricane). Solid dining options. Stingray City is cool.
Texas Ag Mom
I have been to both & I am not sure there is a "better". They are just different. In Aruba we rented a condo on Eagle Beach & we rented a Jeep for the week. Toured the island & all the hotspots on our own. Took our own snorkel gear & did our own thing. Eagle Beach is beautiful & Aruba is known for being windy & dry. The wind wasn't that bad when we were there in August. Cayman is beautiful & we also rent a condo on NSMB & a car to get around. We used Captain Marvin's to go to Stingray City which is very cool. Spent one afternoon at Rum Point & snorkeled at different locations. We like to explore on our own as opposed to any "tours". I suppose I would say GC would be better for the kids mainly because of SC. We are going to GC in May.
evan_aggie
AG
Going to Curaao next week! Not Aruba, but close. I'll report back, whether you want it or not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.