Up Scale Hotel New Orleans in April

2,282 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dcAg
Chomp214
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need a neat spot to stay in New Orleans in April. Like quaint but maybe not there any longer. Have not been there in like 20 years. Wife is not big fan of Hilton, Hyatt, etc but realize it is high risk when you go the boutique route. Any help would be appreciated.
Al Bula
AG
The Monteleone!

Can't go wrong with that hotel.
gindaloon
AG
Not quaint but Windsor Court and the Ritz are always easy choices for upscale.
Potcake
AG
Dauphine Orleans is our place. Walking distance to everything.
The Lost
Trying to be near anything in particular?
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Pontchartrain Hotel. It is the garden district so not in the quarter, but cool hotel with a great rooftop bar.
Belton Ag
AG
We stay at Hotel St. Marie whenever we go, just off Bourbon in the Quarter and within walking distance of everything.
dcAg
Used to live at the Monteleone. You CANNOT go wrong there. The Columns is a bar/B&B down St. Charles in the Garden District. Pretty cool place.
BSD
AG
I enjoyed the Ritz.
twk
AG
If you are looking for a smaller place, Hotel Mazarin, just off Bourbon Street on Bienville, across from the Royal Sonesta, is a good place. Stayed there a couple of years ago. They use the Monteleone's parking garage, which is a half block away.

http://www.hotelmazarin.com/
Quinn
AG
Wife and I stayed at Ace Hotel two years ago and really enjoyed it.
94DallasAG
AG
I'll 3rd the Monteleone

Last time I was there over Christmas in 2016 there were generally more bell hops than customers in the lobby at any given time, and it was busy.
Spore Ag
I favorite hotel is the Royal Orleans on Royal. Has class, quiet for the Quarter and close to about anything you want to go to. Love sitting on the balcony and listening to the street music.
Al Bula
AG
Pro tip: the montelone lobby bathroom is a top notch place to take a dump in the middle of a day drinking binge. It's a 5 star crapper one street over from good ol filthy bourbon street.
Old School Brother
We just stayed at the Renaissance Pere Marquette in December and it was great.
bjh19
AG
This could be vital info for me coming up in a few weeks. Nothing worse than being stuck in the quarter without a clean place to deuce.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Also looking at a trip in April. It seems Dauphine has 3 buildings. Is one better/worse?
Potcake
AG
We stayed in the Hermann House across street once and in the Carriage House twice. We like the Carriage suites better, they have more room. Hopefully their bar, Mae Bailey's is back open by now. Thehotel restaurant, Bayona, is very good.
Floppy Leon
AG
International House
Chomp214
AG
A lot of good posts, thanks, V
cheeky
AG
Ritz is the nicest, followed by Roosevelt and then Monteleone. Monteleone is my favorite, but even the suites are smallish.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Belton Ag said:

We stay at Hotel St. Marie whenever we go, just off Bourbon in the Quarter and within walking distance of everything.
We just booked our room for April. When we called, they said they will be finished with all renovations mid-May. They are currently only booking rooms that have completed renovation, so it should be pretty nice. We got a great rate.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
With all the renovations to Hotel St. Marie good luck with the hauntings! They've tossed that place up in terms of inviting activity!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
dcAg
W French Quarter is also nice. More south though. If I remember correctly it is on Decatur.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.