Greenland

548 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bthotugigem05
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm heading to Iceland for 8-9 days in August-September and thought about heading to Greenland for a few days, anyone been? Recs on where to go and what to do? I'm a photographer (with a camera and a drone) so priority would be on landscapes and whatnot.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Probably not very helpful for you but here's my Greenland experience. Once about 6 years ago I was on a transatlantic flight coming back from London. Sometime before thanksgiving.

The captain chimed in right after take off and said, "heads-up. About three hours into the flight we fly over Greenland. It is not overcast. This is an incredibly rare occurrence.

We talked to the service manager on his flight (guy in his early 60s). He said in 25 years of flying transatlantic, this would be the second time he's ever seen Greenland because it's always overcast.

I'll dig up some photos tomorrow. It was remarkable. Inland Greenland looks like north of the wall.
CanyonAg77
AG
Question: Can you take drones into other countries? Does it require a permit or license?
bthotugigem05
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Question: Can you take drones into other countries? Does it require a permit or license?

Each country varies but I've flown mine in quite a few countries without incident.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.