Jackson hole area in august

1,472 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
scottthomas16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Making road trip with family of 5 and looking for suggestions on lodging and eateries in the area. Also other things to do other than Yellowstone and great Tetons. Only staying 3 nights. Not that worried about cost just want a great experience.
aggiefan117
AG
Stay at the Rustic Inn.
CanyonAg77
AG
If you have only three nights, just do Yellowstone. It still won't be enough time.
dcbowers
AG
scottthomas16 said:

Also other things to do other than Yellowstone and great Tetons. Only staying 3 nights.

You could spend 3 weeks in either Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons and barely scratch the surface.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
fire09
AG
Bring misquito repellant
cplatt

Be happy to share some suggestions if you can give me a little more info. August is certainly a busy time up here and three days is not a whole lot but happy to help how I can
CanyonAg77
AG
My thread from years back about the area.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?forum_id=34&topic_id=2314784
scottthomas16
AG
We are taking road trip from San Antonio and doing a few things on the way. Have three girls age 14,14 and11 and they unfortunately will get bored if we are in one place too long. I will email you soon and thanks for previous post. I have a lot of planning to do. I was planning on white water rafting in Durango but looks like Jackson hole is an option also. Wonder if one is better then another.
nosoupforyou
AG
spend time in downtown Jackson - the town square is awesome- it's been 7 years and my kids still say Moos Ice Cream is the best they ever had

we liked Jackson Hole hiking much more than Yellowstone which was so crowded and touristy - get in your 1 day and see Old Faithful but that's all we did

Anelope Flats - buffalo!
Mormon Row - google it - then click on pictures - gotta get that exact photo yourself.
Taggard Lake Trailhead Hike
Snake River Hike - Park under the Snake River Bridge near Hwy 22 and Hwy 390 in Wilson, WY - hike around, throw rocks. Beautiful!
Jenny Lake - Don't miss!! Take the ferry across, Hike to Hidden falls then all the way to Inspiration Point - then ferry back - amazing!

You could do an evening Chuckwagon - there's 2 in town - we did Bar J near Teton Village

Calico Italian Restaurant in Wilson - just outside of Jackson - great for evening dinner - so nice!
Cafe Geneive is nice too as is Great Harvest Bread and Moos Ice Cream - all near Jackson Town Center and those amazing groundhogs that are everywhere!
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oezgsPJs.jpg[/IMG]
Wicked Good Ag
scottthomas16 said:

We are taking road trip from San Antonio and doing a few things on the way. Have three girls age 14,14 and11 and they unfortunately will get bored if we are in one place too long. I will email you soon and thanks for previous post. I have a lot of planning to do. I was planning on white water rafting in Durango but looks like Jackson hole is an option also. Wonder if one is better then another.
For long trips in the car like this i would suggest the white water rafting in colorado as a break on the drive

If only three days in the jackson hole area i wouldnt spend 1/2 of one day doing something that is probably better in colorado

Been years since at Yellowstone but i remember many places besides ole faithful being beautiful

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.