Cancun/Playa del Carmen All Inclusives

4,228 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JMac03
Cardiag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to go for 3 nights in early March. Prefer quiet all inclusive close to airport. Just planning to eat, drink, and lay around.

Budget is not concern.

Looking at El Dorado Maroma. Anything else I need to consider?
gvine07
AG
My wife and I love El Dorado Maroma and highly recommend it.
DMK
AG
Highly recommend excellence playa mujeres. It's about a 30 minute ride from the airport. You can arrange for private transport through the resort. Spring for excellence club if you're wanting real peace and tranquility. We've been a couple other places and excellence has far and away been the best experience in terms of quality and service. Only complaint is that the food is good, but not outstanding. But since it's all inclusive you won't go hungry anyway.
Cardiag
AG
Thanks for the response. Going with the Excellence Club. Private transfer right at booking is nice too.
MarkItZero
AG
My wife and I just got back from EPM last Thursday from a 4 night stay celebrating a big birthday. We did the Excellence Club package and loved it. I thought the food was outstanding, especially the Indian and the Mexican restaurants.

Make sure you hang out at the bar in the Excellence Club Lounge. Great bartenders and nice selection of higher end booze. I recommend the Maestro Blanco tequila shot, served chilled with a "sangrita" chaser. This is how the locals do it. Kinda like a bloody mary experience.

They bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. You really can't go wrong here.

Pro tip: take the included bicycle tour of the property and get face-to-face with some Spider monkeys. Don't worry, they're in cages but they are very personable and they literally eat from your hand.
Cardiag
AG
Yeah. The more I look around the web the more I see people raving about this place and especially the service. Thanks for the pro tip.
DMK
AG
You guys are going to have a great trip. Looking forward to your review.
Cardiag
AG
Just got back from Excellence Playa Mujeres. We went with the Club and were glad we did. The dedicated pools and poolside and beachside service with the Club were easily worth it.

The service was perfect at every turn. I highly recommend using the private transfer through the resort as well. I know there are now concerns for safety in Cancun but unless things down there take a major turn for the worse, I would feel safe going back. The resort is heavily gated and is itself inside a gated community. Short of being held up to and from the airport you're probably safer at the resort than you are in Houston or Dallas.
nosoupforyou
AG
wow - good ideas here

has anybody been to Banyan Tree Mayakoba? We went there and it was incredible - curious how it compares to other places you guys have been - extremely tranquil and peaceful.. pricey though but wow -it was great

https://www.banyantree.com/en/mexico/mayakoba
Post removed:
by user
aggielostinETX
AG
nosoupforyou said:

wow - good ideas here

has anybody been to Banyan Tree Mayakoba? We went there and it was incredible - curious how it compares to other places you guys have been - extremely tranquil and peaceful.. pricey though but wow -it was great

https://www.banyantree.com/en/mexico/mayakoba
Going in two weeks. Been to Rosewood Mayakoba before.
Any new Suggestions?

We will take our own booze and snacks.
nosoupforyou
AG
nice!

well.. if you can afford it, it's pricey, but the Ixchel boat ride dinner is amazing... bring your own wine though so you don't have to buy theirs but wow it was romantic

the theme of Banyan Tree is tranquility - the music they pipe in from speakers, the atmosphere, and in the evening they had a quartet playing harp, violin, etc near the Banyan Tree and you could hear from your dinner location..

the quiet serene cabana and especially the privacy in your room - you have your own courtyard, pool, outdoor bathtub, dining area..

there are several restaurants - over time hit them all, great pool.. we went to the beach only once and spent the rest of the time relaxing on property

we did an excursion - swim with the whale sharks - I didn't know it was an all day event or I wouldn't have done it.. keep that in mind if you choose to sign up for one... they set you up when you walk in the doors.

take pictures when the weather is clear - wow.. I still love looking at them

any other questions? please report back and share your experience!
aggielostinETX
AG
We'll do beach in the morning. Villa in the afternoon. And hit the restaurants for dinner. We don't do excursions. Thanks for the good idea on the wine, we'll fly with ours.

Did you do suburban from the airport?
nosoupforyou
AG
If I recall correctly, the hotel sent a guy to pick us us at the airport... that's recommended
aggielostinETX
AG
That's the plan!
aggielostinETX
AG
Holy jeez the $$$ on that boat ride
Drock63
DMK said:

Highly recommend excellence playa mujeres. It's about a 30 minute ride from the airport. You can arrange for private transport through the resort. Spring for excellence club if you're wanting real peace and tranquility. We've been a couple other places and excellence has far and away been the best experience in terms of quality and service. Only complaint is that the food is good, but not outstanding. But since it's all inclusive you won't go hungry anyway.

Did excellence Rivera Cancun in May. Easily the best all inclusive I've ever done, including ones I've paid way more for.
willowratio
AG
62strat
AG
We recently booked the Hyatt Ziva, their 'turquoize' option, which is their adult only building. Comes with a bunch of upgrades, including private airport transfers/check in and adult only rooftop pool/bar, a free daily hydrotherapy sessions at the spa, an in room tablet with dedicated butler, hot tub on balcony (or swim up suites on bottom floor).. The price has gone up a bit since booked in April, so seems like we got a good deal.

We go in October, I'll report back.
aggielostinETX
AG
Ziva in PV is legit.
aggielostinETX
AG
Holy ****, this place is legit!!!

https://instagr.am/p/Bk71uBWBU09
nosoupforyou
AG
Awesome! Glad you are enjoying it..

one thing I wish I had done.. try to find out about the music they pipe in at the main resort area.. It was so calming and peaceful.. i wish I could download it or find it on Spotify.. if you can find out please share!
aggielostinETX
AG
Will do brotha!!
62strat
AG
Deats said:

Ziva in PV is legit.
I realize I left it out; we're doing ziva in Cancun. Is PV Puerta Vallerta.
aggielostinETX
AG
Yep
AggieMD95
AG
This
LSB_2002
AG
El Dorado Casita Royal is the tits!
JMac03
AG
LSB_2002 said:

El Dorado Casita Royal is the tits!
Love this place. Went for my honeymoon and 10 year anniversary. My best friend went for both honeymoons. Several clients as well. I already want to go back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.