Gulf Shores/Destin areas

2,914 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hey Zeus
bump03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trying to figure out a summer trip with young kids and considering gulf shores or destin area. Looking for something that isn't quite as busy as Destin. Any advice on locations and places to stay. We prefer to have a full kitchen wherever we stay.
Post removed:
by user
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Blue Mountain and Grayton Beach are away from Destin and cheaper than Seaside.
aTm2004
AG
We took a family trip to Gulf Shores last summer and had a great time. We stayed right on the beach in Gulf Shores in a 4 bedroom condo that my wife found on AirBnB. Since we met up with my wife's brother and sister and their families, it was a perfect setup for us. It was also very close to a lot of shops that we could walk to and a short drive over into Florida if you want to spend a day there. We had our 2 kids there (2 & 4) and my BIL's 1 year old, and had quite a good time. We also went the first week of school for most, so the beaches weren't crowded at all, and neither were the restaurants.

**Edit**
Actually found the condo.

The condo community is a bit dated and what you'd kind of expect of an older complex on the beach, but the actual condo itself was fully remodeled and nice.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
nosoupforyou
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Anywhere along 30A is less crowded. Grayton, Santa Rosa and Seagrove are much cheaper and less crowded than Seaside and Rosemary and it is the same beach.
agree with the crowds, but wow - Rosemary was pretty great
Post removed:
by user
TennAg
The first question to answer is do you like looking at the ocean or simply being next to the ocean. For me, I need a high rise and at least 10 stories up so that i can take in the water as much as possible.

Some other people are fine staying in a village type setting such as seaside, etc and riding bikes and hiking to the beach. The atmosphere is their thing.

I believe the above is an overlooked aspect in creating the feel you want from your gulf experience. Like others, I recommend the 30a stretch as well and particularly the pier park area of pcb with small kids.
Philo B 93
The Destin area has prettier water and more crowds. Gulf Shores has great beaches and condos, but the water isn't quite as pretty. Is darker compares to the greenness of Destin area water.

But otherwise Gulf Shores is awesome. It's like Destin was 10-15 years ago. Orange Beach is a little higher brow than Gulf Shores (newer condos), and you can drive about a mile to be in Florida.

Okaloosa Island near Destin was great 4 years ago. I haven't been since then, but check it out.
Aggie95
AG
look into the Adagio condos in Santa Rosa
TLIAC
AG
Also check into Perdido Key, Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach. Water is still beautiful there but it isn't near as crowded as Destin. To me, Destin is too crowded and too commercial. I like the more easy going feel of the other three places. Navarre is about a 45 minute drive to Destin if you want to be able to participate in some of the activities there. Perdido Key is about halfway between Pensacola and Gulf Shores and not far at all from the Alabama state line.
Hey Zeus
White people love 30A. I even see people with stickers on their cars telling everyone else they like it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.