Angel Fire Jan. 1-3 likelihood of snow?

1,245 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bam02
Mister Mystery Guest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've never skied Angel Fire and I'm not sure I've actually skied anywhere earlier than Feb-1st so I've never really worried about not having snow. We've planned a trip to Angel Fire and we'll be trying to ski the first three days of Jan. Who knows Angel Fire well enough to know how much snow is likely to build up in the next three weeks?
10andBOUNCE
AG
I'd subscribe to Open snow and start pray for snow.
10andBOUNCE
AG
And if you have the option to amend plans, Wolf Creek is a little further north in Southern CO and will probably have much better snow.
Skitch05
AG
I ski Northern New Mexico every year around then. It is very hit or miss. Nobody knows for sure, but so far this year is looking like a miss.
drumboy
AG
I'll be skiing in Santa Fe the week before you so I'm praying for snow too.
Mister Mystery Guest
Over the past eight years, there's been an average total snowfall of 23" between the dates of Dec. 14th and Dec. 31st.

I wonder how many trails get opened by January 1st if that average holds true for the second half of december again.
Comeby!
AG
Hows it looking this week?
Matsui
AG
I'm sure there are online reports. Hope you all get some good snow.
reddog90
AG
A buddy was there last week and said it was bad.
histag10
AG
Angelfire has somethikng like 5 runs open, and hasn't had snow really at all, at least as of last week
bam02
AG
We are in Red River now and it's packed. More than usual between Christmas and NY. Lots of people staying in Taos and Angel Fire are driving here because it's so bad at those mountains.

Part of our group got up early and drove to Wolf Creek today.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.