European Trip - Planning stage - Seeking recommendations

1,036 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tremble
Texgal65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My husband and I have decided to take an ancestral trip to Poland and the Czech Republic. Neither of us have ever been to Europe. Looking at late September or early/mid October. Flight will be out of DFW using AA miles and possibly some or all Hilton points for hotels.

AA will begin flying into Prague starting in May '18, so this will be our best bet. Instead of booking a round trip ticket , I thought of doing a one way to Prague and then a return flight from Warsaw. Either way, it is the same number of miles. (Note: I was QUITE surprised the miles were only 30K (coach) per person there and back.) My question is - how do you get to Poland? Train, bus, air? I have done some searching on my own, but not really sure which is the best route to take. I want to get this booked before we leave and not wait until we get there to make arrangements.

It is very hard for me to get off of work for 2 weeks, so I am looking at a 10 day trip, including the weekends. 3 days is Prague and 3 days in Warsaw. The remaining days for travel and rest. Does this sound doable, or do I need to reconsider a longer stay?

We have not decided exactly what our must see items are in each city; I'm working on that.

TIA for any ideas or thoughts.
07ag
AG
https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Prague/Warsaw
BlueAg2003
AG
It looks like Czech Airlines has some decently priced flights. Plug in some dates on Google Flights and see what comes up.
90 bull
AG
Been traveling through Europe for 3+ months. Rome2rio and GoEuro.com both are great for planning travel and comparing costs. Going open jaw is the only way to go for this trip.
Haven't hit Prague or Poland yet, but my daughter just left Prague and loved it. She was in Prague for 5 days, and felt it was a day too long, so 3 days in prague sounds doable. She flew CzechAir back to Paris, and said it went well.
Enjoy the trip.
schmendeler
AG
fly between cities. three full days is plenty for just Prague. haven't been to warsaw, so can't say.
P.C. Principal
I would try to squeeze Krakow in there somewhere.
Texas Ag Mom
Start checking on those Hilton pts now. I hope you have better luck than we did. Went to Italy for 3 weeks last year (first European trip) & planned to cash in our Marriott pts. That plan didn't work so we stayed at apartments on Airbnb.
Texgal65
Thank you for the replies! This helps a lot!
tremble
AG
Just getting back from a week trip to Prague and Budapest. Prague can be done in basically 2 days, beautiful but small.

Budapest really snuck up on us, maybe my favorite city in Europe now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.