United global or regional upgrades

828 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jock 07
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have an extra upgrade they're not going to use before the end of the year? Just found out I'm going to Hawaii next week for business (as long as the government doesn't shut down Friday) and being 6'8" would like to try and upgrade the overnight return flight. If you have an extra one PM me and we can discuss theoretical compensation.
Thanks and Gig Em
HollywoodBQ
AG
I just got a few for making 1-K but, I don't really know how to use them.

I'm not willing to part with them yet because I've got an epic trip coming up in about 6 months and I want to use them on that trip.
Jock 07
AG
I've never actually used them before but from my understanding is that you redeem them in the same place that you would redeem miles or buy an upgrade. Here is the chart with all the various rules for redemption.
medag13
I've got an RPU. Can't PM though. Email address or cell phone number?
HeightsAg
Just a heads up, these upgrades are difficult to use. If R seats aren't available at the time of redemption, you get put a waitlist that only clears if no one buys the seats and/or if no one with higher status and fare class is trying to redeem upgrades themselves. In my experience as a 1K, if I can't get then to clear immediately when I buy the tickets, I never count on the upgrades to go through. Use expert mode on United.com to see if R seats are available for your flights.
Jock 07
AG
medag13 said:

I've got an RPU. Can't PM though. Email address or cell phone number?

texaggie2007 at gmail.
Thanks
AggieBusDriver
AG
My only general warning to all on trading or bartering for upgrades - be careful. United employees often search around for things like this on ebay and craigslist and will issue a lifetime ban the source MileagePlus account and take all of their miles. This forum is public and adding email addresses to these posts could trigger someone to try and find out what happened.

And no I'm not an United employee - just a 1k / likely GS next year and have heard enough of this happening that it spooks me from handing out upgrades. :/
Jock 07
AG
AggieBusDriver said:

This forum is public and adding email addresses to these posts could trigger someone to try and find out what happened.

Isn't that what burned emails are for?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.