Morocco

1,349 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RMC91
RMC91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
iloveAP
AG
I went in June for 9 days and absolutely loved it. It was a trip from Spain. I still daydream about Morocco - that's how much I loved it...despite the ridiculous heat and the fact that it was at the end of Ramadan, so a lot was closed/pretty dead. At first it really didn't seem like an ideal time to be there but we made the most of it.
RMC91
AG
iloveAP
AG

Quote:

Thanks. Felt safe all the time? I've read Morocco is safe for tourists but just doublechecking. We are heading in to Fez and Chaouen.
Absolutely. Met some really kind people. I felt bad because I don't speak French (and for sure don't speak Arabic), but many people speak English and Spanish as well (and they also usually speak a language from their town/village...Moroccans are multilingual. And amazing.). When I was there, Fez was the hottest place we went, but still really neat - the medina area, tiny/winding streets through the market, tanneries, "new city" Jedid, etc. I loved it. Chefchaouen is incredible. Loved it too.
RMC91
AG
90 bull
AG
I appreciate also. We will be in Spain in mid November, and we're on the fence about going down to Morocco.
many9
I spent about a week there a couple years ago. Felt safe most of the time, but did find ourselves in some questionable places where we were harassed. Atlas Mountains were cool and the trains there were not bad. Watch out for the drivers there, especially the motorcycles that the kids drive in the cities. They hit my friend the first day there. We hired some guides in the different cities we went to and thought they were pretty helpful. We had to haggle for everything. Very cheap place to go. We stayed in hostels for about $7/night. I'm glad we went, but I don't think I will ever go back.

If you do come from Spain, I thought taking the ferry across the strait was a lot of fun. We flew into morocco but took the ferry to get out. You get to see the rock of Gibraltar while crossing (highly recommend going to the top if have the time while in the area).
Ag CPA
AG
many9 said:

I spent about a week there a couple years ago. Felt safe most of the time, but did find ourselves in some questionable places where we were harassed. Atlas Mountains were cool and the trains there were not bad. Watch out for the drivers there, especially the motorcycles that the kids drive in the cities. They hit my friend the first day there. We hired some guides in the different cities we went to and thought they were pretty helpful. We had to haggle for everything. Very cheap place to go. We stayed in hostels for about $7/night. I'm glad we went, but I don't think I will ever go back.

If you do come from Spain, I thought taking the ferry across the strait was a lot of fun. We flew into morocco but took the ferry to get out. You get to see the rock of Gibraltar while crossing (highly recommend going to the top if have the time while in the area).
This sounds like a beating.
nai06
AG
RMC91 said:

Thanks. Felt safe all the time? I've read Morocco is safe for tourists but just doublechecking. We are heading in to Fez and Chaouen.
I spent a month in Morocco in 2016 and traveled the entire country all the way down to Western Sahara. Its incredibly safe and very tourist friendly. Chefchaouen is an amazing place.
RMC91
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.