Condor to Frankfurt from AUS

724 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JT88
JT88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone made this flight in Business Class?
Could you sleep?

Thanks!
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
evan_aggie
AG
I have two friends who just took this flight within the last 2 months, one of which I believe flew his whole family business class.

The reviews on seatguru are not kind regarding their business class:

Quote:

"First and last time I fly Condor. I always fly business for 10+ hour flights. There is NO room to store anything- not even a purse. No cubbie holes, no seat back area, nothing. The seat was narrow, especially with a neighbor you don't know. I chose it because of isle access. Food was decent but seat was just not up to business class level of other airlines"

Here is a lengthy review of the business class in the 763ER.

Points Guy Condor Business Class Review

My take on things like this: Everything is usually priced competitively. If the price for business class seems too good, then it is likely missing components that other airlines feel they can charge more for and still compete. Then again, it could also be that this particular AUS to Frankfurt flight just doesn't have the business class demand and they sell it more cheaply.

My friend told me they were able to sleep, but YMMV depending on how tired you are, how amped up you get to fly, etc.

I've flown business/first on Qantas 744, AA 763, AA 788, HA 332 international. I've had different experiences on them all. Funny thing is: I slept the best on a AZ 773 Premium Economy out of all of them.
JT88
AG
Thanks this is really helpful. Sure would be nice to non-stop to Frankfurt, but I need to be able to sleep and the 'angled lie-flat' concerns me.
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
evan_aggie
AG
Is $ any level of concern? If you are asking, "Hey, what's the best seat I can find for sleeping on a plane?", then that is a very different scenario.

You could probably find different direct flights from Dallas or Houston that are on tier 1 airlines.
JT88
AG
Going to Germany next Fall.

Love flying out of Austin.

Have connected through Heathrow twice and love the 787 that BAL flies. Slept like a baby.

Direct to Frankfurt would be amazing but i am old and being able to sleep effectively on the way effectively adds a day (nearly two) to my vacation. Would love the convenience (and absence of lost luggage opportunity) of a direct flight AND it is cheaper. But not worth the upside if I cannot sleep.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.