USD to EURO exchange rate with cash?

806 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FHUAggie
Ovalo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be in Europe next week and instead of using a debit card, I'm thinking of exchanging cash for Euros. What would the premium be for using cash over using a debit card?
TIA.
drumboy
AG
I'd think you'd lose some as exchange houses take a cut. I'd get a credit union card with no intl fees and you should get close to the real rate.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Oak Forest Ag
AG
Use a credit card. Better exchange rate and less theft issues.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Absolutely use a card wherever you can. To the extent you need euro cash, get your debit card activated for use in the countries you're visiting and then use ATM machines. You'll get a way better exchange rate that way.
dcAg
Use a debit or credit cards. You get absolutely slammed with currency exchange.
Ovalo
AG
The question is "What is the premium charged for using cash instead of debit?" not which is better. I have always used debit but this has special circumstances.
MemorialTXAg
5-20+% depends where you exchange. Airports/exchange places in tourist places are generally the worst. Banks generally better.
Ovalo
AG
Thanks Yessir.
FHUAggie
Def use a credit card with no foreign transaction fee, and if you have to have cash, just hit an ATM machine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.