Bucket List Trips

2,525 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Always_Right
awesome sauce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are your bucket list trips?

My top was Paris and Normandy. Along with Italy (Rome, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Venice). I've visited Germany, Barcelona, Dubai, & India. I've seen a lot of the U.S., Canada, & Mexico (still want to cross off Alaska, Hawaii, & Napa). I'm debating what my next big trip should be.

So . . . what are your bucket list trips - either checked off or still just a dream??
FbgTxAg
AG
Seychelles
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Kool
AG
Antarctica. But I am really afraid of how my stomach would do in the Drake Passage. As I get older, my motion intolerance gets worse. Anybody who gets seasick ever been on this trip?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Spore Ag
We crossed the Drake passage and my wife gets and got sick worked out alright and she said it was worth it. I love the heavy seas and talking with some friends to do trip from New Zealand down. Kind of expensive.
Silky Johnston
Machu Picchu - had our original trip cancelled due to Hurricane Harvey, but I booked the trip again for next September.

Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef

New Zealand

Rwanda or Uganda to see gorillas in the jungle

Galapagos Islands
malenurse
AG
Israel was on my bucket list. I got to check it off two years ago.

Probably the greatest experience of my life.
90 bull
AG
I'm two months into mine. One year just traveling without a plan. Flying into Nice tomorrow for 9 days before we meet our daughter in Paris for her birthday, then to Iceland. Will end in July/August, probably in Thailand.
awesome sauce
AG
malenurse said:

A holy land tour is on my list. Probably a trip I'd like to do with a church group. Did you go with a group of people or alone?
awesome sauce
AG
90 bull said:

I'm two months into mine. One year just traveling without a plan. Flying into Nice tomorrow for 9 days before we meet our daughter in Paris for her birthday, then to Iceland. Will end in July/August, probably in Thailand.

Very interesting!

Tell us more about where you've been, how you got to the point you could turn loose and go, and where you still hope to see.
HollywoodBQ
AG
All I've got on my list at this point is
  • The final 9 states I need to close out visiting all 50 States. ID, MT, ND, SD, NE, IA, WI, MN and OH.
  • The final 2 Continents to reach all 7 - South America and Antarctica.
Obviously things like the Pyramids at Giza, the Louvre, Big Ben/Parliament, Sydney Opera House, Washington D.C. Mall, Grand Canyon, Great Wall of China, etc. are big enough to know that those are bucket list items before you go there. But...

How about a retroactive bucket list? Places I've already been and wish I could go back to or, now realize how significant they were?
  • 101st Airborne Easy Company foxholes outside of Foy, Belgium near Bastogne.
  • Nabatean Tombs at Madain Saleh in Northwestern Saudi Arabia
  • Anne Frank House
  • Sitting on the Glass for an NHL Game 7 - Stanley Cup Playoff game at the Pepsi Center in Denver
malenurse
AG
awesome sauce said:

malenurse said:

A holy land tour is on my list. Probably a trip I'd like to do with a church group. Did you go with a group of people or alone?
Organized through our church. Group of about 26 people. The most important part was, trip was hosted by the Jerusalem University College. Our "tour guide" was a professor with a Phd in Biblical History and Geography. Everyone that went on the trip had about 40 hours of homework and mapwork that had to be completed before leaving. We saw and experienced much more that any tour group could have provided.
90 bull
AG
Pretty straightforward. My wife and I retired in May, sold our house in franklin TN, and drove to Houston, stopping for a week on the coast and New Orleans on the way. After getting settled there, leaving the car and the dog at my mother in laws, we left with our daughter to Boston, Belfast, Cardiff, London, and then Paris. After getting my daughter setting down for her study abroad sememster in Paris, my wife and I took off. So far we have gone through 12 European countries since August. We have the next month scheduled, since we have to be in paris for my daighter's birthday and then Iceland for the Northern Lights, and then plan to go through Spain and Portugal. We agreed to meet in Berlin with my daughter for Christmas, so we need to plan to end up there. Beyond that, probably will spend a lot of time in Croatia, since we loved our two weeks there, and will try to fly through Asia to spend a few weeks in Bali or Thailand. Traveling with a backpack and an IPhone only. Only required is that we have to be back in College Station by the middle of August for the next football season. It's been fun. Highlights are the Croatian island and coast, Lake Bled, and taking a train through the Austrian and Swiss Alps. The only negatives are th cost of Switzerland, and getting used to not having everything planned out. Trying to just see what happens and only planning a day or two in advance is tough for me
10andBOUNCE
AG
awesome sauce said:

malenurse said:

Wife and I went in 2013. Our church at the time did annual trips and we had about 12 altogether. Our leader was also our good friend and pastor. The tour guide was an Israeli Christian (former Jew) who also volunteered for the Police and was into off road jeeping Best trip we will probably ever take. Not a more meaningful trip you can take if you are a Christian. But besides that, it really is a beautiful country.

Also on the list is Iceland, Switzerland, Italy, French Polynesia, Somewhere to explore the Amazon, Africa (Safari)
BQ2001
AG
mine is to run a marathon in all 50 states by the time I'm 50 (12 more years and about 30 states left). During/after that, my wife and I want to visit all the national parks and get the passport stamps. A stretch would be getting all the national monument and NHS sites as well. We've already talked about retirement way down the line and getting a RV and doing an epic road trip.
fwag04
AG
90 bull said:

Pretty straightforward. My wife and I retired in May, sold our house in franklin TN, and drove to Houston, stopping for a week on the coast and New Orleans on the way. After getting settled there, leaving the car and the dog at my mother in laws, we left with our daughter to Boston, Belfast, Cardiff, London, and then Paris. After getting my daughter setting down for her study abroad sememster in Paris, my wife and I took off. So far we have gone through 12 European countries since August. We have the next month scheduled, since we have to be in paris for my daighter's birthday and then Iceland for the Northern Lights, and then plan to go through Spain and Portugal. We agreed to meet in Berlin with my daughter for Christmas, so we need to plan to end up there. Beyond that, probably will spend a lot of time in Croatia, since we loved our two weeks there, and will try to fly through Asia to spend a few weeks in Bali or Thailand. Traveling with a backpack and an IPhone only. Only required is that we have to be back in College Station by the middle of August for the next football season. It's been fun. Highlights are the Croatian island and coast, Lake Bled, and taking a train through the Austrian and Swiss Alps. The only negatives are th cost of Switzerland, and getting used to not having everything planned out. Trying to just see what happens and only planning a day or two in advance is tough for me
This is my bucket list, I hope to be able to do this one day, this sounds so incredibly awesome.

So far, "bucket list" trips / things I've done

• Hiked the Inca Trail
  • Shot RPGs in Cambodia
  • Toured Angkor Wat
  • Took care of an elephant for a day in Chiang Mai
  • Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan, Thailand
  • Oktoberfest in Munich
  • Racing around the streets of Vienna in Go-kart racecars Hot Rod Tours Vienna
  • Prague
  • Floated in the Dead Sea
  • Toured Petra
  • Spent some time in Dubrovnik along with other parts of Croatia (Wife and I both liked Split more)
  • Iceland, all of it

Things still on my list:

• Antarctica
  • World Cup (hopefully Russia 2018)
  • Africa - probably several trips
  • Torres del Paine / Patagonia
  • India
  • Sri Lanka (hopefully December 2018)
  • Hot Air Ballooning over Bagan, Myanmar
  • Christmas markets in Germany
  • New Zealand
  • Portugal
  • Overland across South America along the Pan Am highway (pipe dream)

I've managed a lot, but still have so much I want to do.
RachAg2007
AG
Completed:
- camped above the Arctic Circle
- hiked "The Wave" in Arizona
- toured Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- northern lights in Canada

I've been to a lot of amazing places and done a lot of cool things but Bucket List stuff is on a whole other level.

One Day:
- roadtrip in a bakkie in southern Africa.
- Mountain bike in New Zealand
- Machu Picchu
- Great Wall of China

BSD
AG
BQ2001 said:

I want to visit all the national parks and get the passport stamps.

I started that last year with my son while in St John. We hit 5 so far this year (one more at Pinnacles over thanksgiving) with 8 or so scheduled for next year. It's a damn shame we'll have to go back to Maui for Haleakala since we did that before we started getting stamps!

I've done a few of my bucket list trips: manta ray snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks, traveling thru Europe. Now I want to hit Africa and cage dive with great whites. Also Iceland, Kyoto, and Bora Bora are on my short list.
Ag CPA
AG
El Paso.
BQ2001
AG
BSD said:

BQ2001 said:

I want to visit all the national parks and get the passport stamps.

I started that last year with my son while in St John. We hit 5 so far this year (one more at Pinnacles over thanksgiving) with 8 or so scheduled for next year. It's a damn shame we'll have to go back to Maui for Haleakala since we did that before we started getting stamps!

We started in Hawaii but unfortunately missed some. We are dreading going back too
RangerRick9211
AG
Two on my list right now:

• Drive the Ring Road in Iceland
  • A beer at Barentz Pub in Svalbard, i.e. the northernmost bar
Always_Right
AG
Places left on my bucket list:

Ireland (2018)
Macho Pichu (2018)
Yellowstone and Glacier National Park
Scotland
Greece
Italy (Almafi Coast)
Great Wall
French/Swiss Alps
All my hope is in Jesus, thank God my yesterday's gone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.