Atlantis with the Kids

780 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gigemhilo
JohnnieT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Company is paying for a trip to Atlantis. Taking my girls, 2 and 4 year old. Any recommendations? Thinking we are going to do the meal plan for 4 out of 7 days. Anything we should book in advance? Thanks!

(Looked back 30 pages and didn't see any similar posts)
helloag99
Beware that depending on the time that you go Nassau can be cold in the winter months.

Some of the food is definitely expensive. It has been a few years but the breakfast buffet was like $25 per person. Some of the dinner places are about the same or more. You can get a burger by the pool for about $10 at lunch. There is a pizza place that is a little more budget friendly for dinner and a johnny rockets that isn't too expensive.

We never did a meal plan the two times that we went.

My kids were around that age the first time that we went. Check out the pool, splash pad, and lazy river by the coral towers (older part of the resort) my kids enjoyed it at that age. It was a nice break when the main splash pad got crowded. We did the dolphin petting thing once but I can't remember what the age restrictions are on that.

There is a liquor store, convenience store, and souvenir shops across the street from the marina to pick up stacks and milk. Anthony's Grill is in the same shopping center and is good.

gigemhilo
AG
I would vote against the dolphin experience - very underwhelming for the price paid. Some of the other things, though, like feeding the stingrays (I think) were GREAT for small kids. mine loved it. the beaches are pretty good there with clear water and a lot of fish near the shore. My kids loved playing on the beach as much or more as being in the waterpark.

Food can be a bit expensive and very adult as far as offerings. If your kids are picky, there are still a few options. The village area around Johnny rockets is primarily where we ate with the kids. the snack bars around the pools had good burgers and poolside foods as well.

If you are going to venture in to town, there are tons of places to eat. There are a few chain places around (like seor frogs). I would try to research a bit before going to see if there are options good for you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.