Lisbon in May?

1,123 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by I Play With Guns
rsemingson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have booked a VRBO in the Chiado district in Lisbon during May 2018. Any suggestions of restaurants, day trips, sights etc would be helpful. Also, traveling by train to Porto.
I Play With Guns
S
I've got lots but I can't respond in full right now. Will soon!! But you're gonna fall in l<3ve!!!
I Play With Guns
S
Hookaay so I think I've got enough recommendations here that should keep you busy:

-If you can, take a day trip to Sintra. The palaces/castles there are so stunning. After visiting the castles (will def take a few hours) stay for a late lunch and some delicious Portugal wine and then take the train back.
-While in Lisbon, go visit the following:
-Sao Jorge Castle (my favorite in Lisbon). The view of the city is TO.DIE.FOR and lucky you, there will be a little bar up there selling some wine and you can take a break and enjoy the view with a glass of wine. My favorite part, you get to take the wine glass home with you.
-Visit Praa do Comrcio and just take in the views and people watch
-Make sure and visit the Monastery
-Eat at Time Out Market (incredible food hall)
-Ride the Lisbon Tram 28
-Take a tuk tuk
-Wear comfortable walking shoes as the streets are cobblestone and some are very steep (almost like San Fran)
-If you want to die for pizza, venture down to Pizzaria Lisboa (Michelin star winning chef)
-Eat at Churrasco (chicken SO good that you'll eat 2 whole birds)
-If your wife loves to shop, for all the love take her to Mango!
-Bairro Alto district at night......walk into a bar, order a drink, and just go walk around outside until you run out of a drink, stop at another bar, and repeat.

I know I'm missing a lot so I'll drop an update when I remember them.
rsemingson
I Play With Guns said:

Hookaay so I think I've got enough recommendations here that should keep you busy:

-If you can, take a day trip to Sintra. The palaces/castles there are so stunning. After visiting the castles (will def take a few hours) stay for a late lunch and some delicious Portugal wine and then take the train back.
-Sao Jorge Castle (my favorite in Lisbon). The view of the city is TO.DIE.FOR and lucky you, there will be a little bar up there selling some wine and you can take a break and enjoy the view with a glass of wine. My favorite part, you get to take the wine glass home with you.
-Ride the Lisbon Tram 28
-Take a tuk tuk
-Wear comfortable walking shoes as the streets are cobblestone and some are very steep (almost like San Fran)
-If you want to die for pizza, venture down to Pizzaria Lisboa (Michelin star winning chef)
-Bairro Alto district at night......walk into a bar, order a drink, and just go walk around outside until you run out of a drink, stop at another bar, and repeat.

I know I'm missing a lot so I'll drop an update when I remember them.
Really appreciate the information This is a great and helpful start. Sounds wonderful!
eiggA2002
AG
Quote:

-Ride the Lisbon Tram 28
-Take a tuk tuk
I agree with all those. Highly, highly recommend Time Out Market located at the Mercado da Ribeira. We ate at Cantinho do Avillez which was good (call for a reservation). Lisbon is fantastic, but Porto may be even more enjoyable. Head to the Douro after touring Porto.
I Play With Guns
S
One thing I forgot:

Eat a Pastel de Nata at Pasteis de Belem

*It's in the same neighborhood as the monastery I mentioned
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.