2 Days to spend at DisneyWorld - Adults only NO kids - Epcot?

1,889 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by longeryak
EvenPar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I will be in Orlando with 2 days to spend at DisneyWorld. We don't have kids.

Any ideas or suggestions on where to stay and what parks to see to make the most out of 2 days? I've heard that some adults just go drink at Epcot, is this a thing?
Matsui
AG
We did this 5 years ago. Epcot is so much fun for a couple. And we did the main park.
Jackal99
AG
My wife and I did this before we got married. We loved the Epcot thing, but Animal Kingdom was a lot of fun, too. We had the park hopper pass, so we could move around. On one night, we ate at the Moroccan restaurant at Epcot, got buzzed off some decent wine, then rode the monorail to the Magic Kingdom park and had no lines. "It's a Small World" is a lot more fun when you're half-drunk, I'll tell you that.
Zip 88
Disney Springs...admission to a park not required!
GrayMatter
AG
There's so much to EPCOT in addition to drinking around the world than other parks so that's a good choice.

As far as where to stay depends on you. If you want to experience the park experience and only the park experience, I'd suggest staying somewhere near the monorail where it would be easy to park hop.

Last time we went there, we stayed at the Saratoga Springs and liked the proximity to Disney Springs because it was within walking distance.
Joan Wilder
AG
It depends what you enjoy. I had a day off during a conference in July where I did Hollywood Studios during the day and Animal Kingdom at night, 2 parks I'd never visited. I LOVED hollywood studios. I didn't get a ton of time at AK as I met people for dinner, but I rode Everest several times and did Avatar ("only" a 90min wait) which was AMAZING.

Personally, Epcot is my least favorite park but it is a cool experience. You can walk there from the Swan/Dolphin.
lil99chris
AG
Do you know what days you will be visiting?

If you really wanted to visit all the parks, you could do HS and AK in the mornings and EPCOT and MK in the evenings.

FbgTxAg
AG
From experience....

One full day at Universal (both parks), a morning at Animal Kingdom, then the afternoon/evening at Epcot.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
bufrilla
AG
EPCOT hours are 9am-9pm, but the countries do not open untIl 11am.

As for rides, Soaring is my favorite and about the only one we make sure to ride.
Inside the countries, Frozen is a favorite.

As for eats an drink in the countries:
Eats: Japan, Canada, Germany, and Italy in that order for us
Drinks: Pick'em, there are many. For beer, a Carl's Special at The Rose and Crown (England)
2nd choice is a Frozen Kirin at Japan
The wife loves a frozen, mixed(??) drink in France.
The Saki at Japan, try their sample of 3 levels of "Octane"

Snacks/Sweets/Bakery items: France, Germany, Norway (all good)

With EPCOT being a main objective, staying at the Boardwalk, YachtClub, Swan, Dophin would be good choices.
You just walk to the back entry to EPCOT. Easy in and out. Also, you can walk to Hollywood or take the boat.
You can take the Mono-rail from EPCOT to Magic Kingdom.
EvenPar
AG
Thanks for the advice we will be there on 2 weekdays, a thurs and fri.

I think we have narrowed down to Epcot on Thurs and then AK/MK on Friday. We lean towards AK over MK bc she want to go to Avatar, but figured we could fit both into one day without kids.
Krussian09
AG
bufrilla said:

The wife loves a frozen, mixed(??) drink in France.

The grand marnier slush? My wife can't leave Epcot without one.
bufrilla
AG
Thanks Krussian09, I had no idea about the name, but that is correct.
My daughter in law and the wife, it's a must stop.

Mexico has some mean Margaritas

The beer at the Rose and Crown is a Carl's Special or a Golden.
Carl is the barkeep, great guy. Mixture of three beers...Excellent.

The frozen Kirin, the top/foam is FROZEN. Good beer made better.

We are off to WDW this weekend and then the Florida game the following weekend.
bufrilla
AG
Animal Kingdom now is open at night for their River of Light Show.

Lion King
Safari
Maharajah Trek
Everest
River of Light

All listed above are excellent and must see/do.
EvenPar
AG
Thanks for all the advice.

We visited Epcot on Thursday, during the Wine, Beer, and Food Festival. Stayed at the Dolphin which allowed us to enter the park an hour early. So we knocked out the rides quickly and spent the rest of the day walking around eating small portions and tasting different drinks throughout the countries. The grand mariner slush was definitely a hit! We learned a trick from a neighbor in line...if you ask for the standard plastic cup instead of the plastic martini shaped glass, you get a larger pour!

Friday am we arrived at Animal Kingdom an hour early and waited in line for Avatar for a little over an hour. Wow that ride is amazing. By mid day the Disney App was showing the line to Avatar at roughly 4.5 hours. We did the Safari and a group of giraffes stop in the middle of the roadway for about a 20 minute delay, pretty neat!

Saw lots of Aggies at Disney...
bufrilla
AG
Glad you enjoyed your two days. We enjoyed a full seven days, then off to the football game on Saturday.
putu
AG
Why not Universal? I find it more adult friendly than Disney. Plus their rides are much better.
longeryak
putu said:

Why not Universal? I find it more adult friendly than Disney. Plus their rides are much better.
Many of us aren't into thrill rides and like Disney's immersive story telling better. Universal did a great on that front with Harry Potter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.