Greenville SC

1,127 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fourth deck
FirefightAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions for family things to do?
Wife will be working I'll be on baby duty during business hours
malenurse
AG
You could enroll at Bob Jones University
Random Ag
AG
Eat here http://www.baconbrospublichouse.com/
Wicked Good Ag
The downtown area has a revitalization that every city its size should try to emulate. The concentration of shops, places to eat and urban development nearby parks is what I would want to live in. The baseball field inside the developed area (Class A I think) is a great minor league ballpark

The area is on our short list of places to move to if we ever move out of state along with Asheville in the same geographic area
fourth deck
AG
Definitely have to walk around downtown and see the falls from the Liberty bridge. For kids, the zoo and the children's museum are nice, we have annual passes to both. BMW has a museum at the factory in Greer. I've been meaning to go but have just never gotten around to it.

Bacon Bros. is good for lunch since you can get in without a reservation. The food here tends to run bland but Bacon Bros. is a standout. Pita House is also great and not far from downtown, bring cash.
Kool
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

The downtown area has a revitalization that every city its size should try to emulate. The concentration of shops, places to eat and urban development nearby parks is what I would want to live in. The baseball field inside the developed area (Class A I think) is a great minor league ballpark

The area is on our short list of places to move to if we ever move out of state along with Asheville in the same geographic area

Absolutely agree. Made a weekend jaunt there. Great aesthetics, feel, etc here. Two thumbs up.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
fourth deck
AG
Kool said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Absolutely agree. Made a weekend jaunt there. Great aesthetics, feel, etc here. Two thumbs up.
If downtown Greenville would have planned for a convention center they would be killing it right now. As it is there is not enough room within walking distance to downtown left for one. It continues to be "discovered" despite not hosting conventions or NCAA events until just recently, and the growth and traffic have followed accordingly.

The beauty of Asheville can't be denied and is only an hour away, however it has a reputation of being the Austin of North Carolina. People who want to live closer to the mountains and stay within SC are flocking to Traveler's Rest in droves.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.