Where to travel October/November

999 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HHAG
WestTXag18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So my wife and I have a week off the last few days of October/first few days of November. I know a lot of the U.S. is getting too cold that time of year and peak leaf season has passed. We like outdoorsy stuff - hiking, fishing, etc. Anyone have suggestions on a good place for that time frame?

Right now we are thinking either Yosemite or Grand Canyon/Zion. Anyone been at that time? I have read that some roads start closing around then which would be a bummer. Any info or suggestions would be great!

ryanhnc10
AG
Death Valley is pretty cool and you could hang out in Vegas
HHAG
AG
Sedona is a good call that time of year. You can blip up to the GC for a day trip, but it will be quite a bit warmer in Sedona for outdoors activities. There is a growing wine industry (quality varies!) in that area, lots of hiking, some really good food and vortexes that can lead you to self awareness (or so the local nut cases think).

Great stargazing as well.
Random Ag
AG
Asheville might be a good option. We went last year in mid November and the weather was still quite good. The mountains will still look beautiful without the leaves. Tons of hiking, breweries and good restaurants. We didn't go fishing but based on research I think there were a lot of good options within an hour
FTA 2010
AG
That's a great time of year to go to Napa. You could do San Fran as well.

Boozing on a patio is outdoors, right?
Always_Right
AG
Yumakazi said:

Sedona is a good call that time of year. You can blip up to the GC for a day trip, but it will be quite a bit warmer in Sedona for outdoors activities. There is a growing wine industry (quality varies!) in that area, lots of hiking, some really good food and vortexes that can lead you to self awareness (or so the local nut cases think).

Great stargazing as well.
This.
All my hope is in Jesus, thank God my yesterday's gone.
GigEmAgs15
AG
I second boozing on a patio.
WestTXag18
We have thought about both San Francisco and Sedona for a day or 2 if we got to Grand Canyon or Yosemite.

Anyone been to Yosemite the in early November? From what I have read it sounds like some roads could be closed that time of year. I am wondering if it would be too cold to do many outdoors activites.
HHAG
AG
November can be awesome for Yosemite. Or not. Depends on whether they get an early season snow storm or not. If not, it is uncrowded and the rates at the Wawona are way down (stay there if you can). If it does, you have some risk of roads being impassible, but my experience is that November is pretty safe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.