San Diego CA must sees??

1,850 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First time visitors to San Diego, early 60's couple, physically active. Staying on Shelter Island, will have a car.
Planning on some evenings in the Gaslamp District, and visiting the Air & Space Museum. Other attractions and scenic must sees?

Thanks
StEdsCOOG
If you're planning on going to the Air & Space Museum, I'd also make time to visit the USS Midway Museum. Also, visiting Coronado Island and strolling the beach around sunset is nice.
Potcake
AG
The homeless.
3rdGenAg05
AG
If you like animals, but want a different experience than a traditional zoo, I always rec the Safari Park in Escondido (since you have a car). It's much more interactive than a normal zoo IMO. It's never crowded and always has great weather.
I also like kayaking around La Jolla-there are caves and seals. Another fun sunset activity.
Plenty of places around there to eat a great meal or have a picnic in Torrey pines.
There's also a great cookie/dessert place there, but the name is escaping me.
Punked Shank
AG
The naked bear in nearby Pacific Beach has custom ice cream sandwiches that always has a line out the door
SW AG80
AG
One of our favorite places to eat in the world is Jake's Del Mar. It is in Del Mar just north of Torrey Pines. It is right on the beach.
GSS
coastsrs said:

The naked bear in nearby Pacific Beach has custom ice cream sandwiches that always has a line out the door
Naked Bear, eh...or Baked Bear ?

http://www.thebakedbear.com/pacificbeach/
ORAggieFan
Zoo
Balboa Park
Midway
Eat all over Little Italy
Coronado
If you like beer tons of good breweries
Hike Torrey Pines
SoTheySay
S
La Jolla was my favorite just because of the seals.
aggiedata
AG
SW AG80 said:

One of our favorite places to eat in the world is Jake's Del Mar. It is in Del Mar just north of Torrey Pines. It is right on the beach.
ours too!!
Cyprian
AG
Zoo, beaches, Midway, Whale Watching trip (depending on time of year)

A bit more random: I had brunch at Tom Ham's Lighthouse last time I was in town. It's a pricey buffet, but fantastic. Be careful with that Champagne tho, it will catch up with you quick!
Cyprian
AG
Also, if you like wine: Temecula valley is worth a one day visit.
Ag CPA
AG
Hep A
Endo Ag
AG
SoTheySay said:

La Jolla was my favorite just because of the seals.
+1
Potcake
AG
+2
George's at the Cove didn't hurt.
GigEmAgs15
AG
USS Midway
Gabster43213
Coronado Island and the Hotel De Coronado. Enjoy some first class chocolate pastries while walking through town.
Wicked Good Ag
Bumping this because we are headed there in January with kids. We tentatively have zoo, seaworld,whale watching tour, lego land plus safari park along with Knotts Berry Farm but have possibility of one night without kids so looking for something to do and places to eat

Edit: included in the museums of the USS MIDWAY

Will probably want to stay in gaslight area but are game for anything
Also with 6 full days would a day trip to Disneyland be good to do or save for another trip??

One of the places I have been looking forward to seeing in the USA and never been so our day without kids might be the only couple time we get in San Diego for quite a while
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.