Yellowstone Lodging

1,099 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Random Ag
Pro Sandy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Planning a trip to Yellowstone in summer of 2019. Looking at lodging right now.

There will be 10 people, 4 adults and 6 kids ages 14 to 4.

I've been thinking about a cabin in the park, but would like to have a kitchen. I think it would get too expensive eating out all the time. Do cabins in the park have kitchens?

Has anyone stayed in West Yellowstone? Would you have rather stayed in the park?
hds
AG
Reservations for summer 2019 should open around May 2018. Read trip advisor boards for suggestions. I found helpful information on the boards.

We stayed at 3 different in park lodges (Old Faithful Inn, Roosevelt Cabins, and Canyon Lodge Cabins) over a 6 day period. My favorite was the Roosevelt Cabins. I don't recall any being that big to accommodate your group. We were 3 adults and 1 kid and were comfortable in one room. We only used room to sleep and spent most of days out exploring.

Also don't remember kitchens to cook but rooms had small mini fridge so easy for picnic type foods. Food can be expensive but you pay for the location. Rooms are fine but again expensive for the quality.

In my opinion the only way to stay in Yellowstone (or any National Park) is by staying in the park! Start researching now so know what you want when booking window opens.

For our June 2015 trip I booked early May 2014! I got what I wanted but remember most of Old Faithful Inn was booked. Keep checking as people cancel.

Get the book Yellowstone Treasures. It is great for planning and very detailed. Feel free to ask any questions
Mathguy64
AG
None of the cabins have kitchens. And with as big as the park is, it can be beneficial to move around the lodging. A day or two in the cabins at the Lake Hotel, a day or two at Roosevelt, A day or two at OF. To get from The lake Hotel area to the upper part in the Lamar Valley can take 90 minutes to 2 hours. Same to OF. It can take about the same time to get from the lake to OF. At night those drives are long and slow.
Out in Left Field
AG
Camp
Random Ag
AG
I'd stay in the park if possible. You could do buy sandwich stuff outside the park and do that with a cooler. I know saving money is a good thing, but I think you'd regret the time wasted driving if you stay outside the park.

Roosevelt (we stayed in the roughrider cabin) was a perfect location. We also stayed at Old Faithful Inn, with a room in the old lodge overlooking the geyser. If I had to do it all over again - actually when we go again (it was just that amazing) - I'd stay at Roosevelt and Canyon areas.
AgMomofTwo
We were there this past July and stayed in a cabin in West Yellowstone. Great house and location. Actually it was good to get away from all the crowds and be able to come "home" for the evening. Cute little town and only minutes from entrance to YNP. Owner of cabin actually has two units for rent. See VRBO # 1034723 and 1034764. Each are 2 bedrooms, great kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. and very comfy! Owner is very easy to work with as well. Good luck!!
Random Ag
AG
You can get rid of the crowds at Yellowstone by staying in the park. AM and PM in the park are borderline empty...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.