Texags tell me where to go

1,583 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GigEmAgs15
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm currently sitting on ~125k united miles that I'm trying to build up to 200k over the next year. Want to use them to take a trip somewhere first or business class with my wife. Trying to figure out where to go. Wife doesn't really want to do Europe right now as all the recent events have her concerned. if it was up to me I'd be doing a ski trip to the alps somewhere but she's not big on skiing like I am. She's thinking somewhere tropical. She has family in Perth Australia but I don't think united is ideal to get there from my understanding.I personally enjoy historical spots. Would love to get folks who are more well versed in world travel opinions
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Buenos Aires
YouBet
AG
Kauai, Hawaii
Random Ag
AG
Tokyo and Kyoto
V8Aggie
AG
New Zealand
I Play With Guns
S
The Maldives
The Seychelles
Morocco
The Azores
Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam

Those are just a few off the top of my head......
Potcake
AG
Bali, which also may allow an easier jaunt to Australia.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Israel, but sounds like that would be a quick X from your wife
HollywoodBQ
AG
United will get you to Sydney or Melbourne or Singapore. From all of those, you could buy a low cost ticket to fly the last 3-4 hours to Perth.

Personally, I'd fly to Tokyo and take the Shinkansen to Osaka.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Jock 07 said:

I'm currently sitting on ~125k united miles that I'm trying to build up to 200k over the next year. Want to use them to take a trip somewhere first or business class with my wife. Trying to figure out where to go. Wife doesn't really want to do Europe right now as all the recent events have her concerned. if it was up to me I'd be doing a ski trip to the alps somewhere but she's not big on skiing like I am. She's thinking somewhere tropical. She has family in Perth Australia but I don't think united is ideal to get there from my understanding.I personally enjoy historical spots. Would love to get folks who are more well versed in world travel opinions
I believe United and Air New Zealand are both Star Alliance members and accept each others Frequent Flyer points.

I would contact Mileage Plus at United.

I will be flying Air New Zealand to Melbourne soon ............paying for it,,,,not enough points : (
TXCityAggie
AG
Do some island hopping in Thailand and then visit Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
I Play With Guns
S
TXCityAggie said:

Do some island hopping in Thailand and then visit Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

Not to high jack his thread but the hubby and I are doing this in November for a few weeks!!!

Got any suggestions?!? I haven't truly dug into my research yet but I'm pretty sure I want to get blessed by a monk at Angkor Wat. Do anything similar?
RachAg2007
AG
Get a tuk tuk driver for Angkor Wat. Sunrise there is crowded but beautiful.
We got the 1 day pass and hit the hot spots along with a couple of other temples. My husband was happy with that but I wish I had gotten the 3 day pass and really explored.
I preferred Indonesia to Thailand but we spent some time on the southern end of Koh Lanta and really enjoyed that island.
I miss SE Asia.
TXCityAggie
AG
I live here in Siem Reap. You really need at least a couple of days to really enjoy the temples and a couple of days to enjoy the town. If you are into biking, there are some great opportunities in the countryside around town. Let me know if you need any help.

Do you know which islands you are going to visit? Cambodia has a few that worth some time....really beautiful and less touristy than Thailand will be at that time of year. Koh Rong is my favorite.
GigEmAgs15
AG
The Big Island of Hawaii -- it's beautiful, not as touristy, and has some amazing volcanoes to explore.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.