florianopolis?

498 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by exitone
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anybody got any experiences to share from a trip here? i think my girlfriend and i are heading there for a conference she has in November. it's on the north end of the island so we'll be staying in that general area, but open to any other suggestions and tips.
Al Bula
AG
I think that place looked cool but when I asked a Brazilian about it she told me it was very touristy. I think it depends if you want a much smaller Miami Beach (maybe a bad comparison?) or something more secluded. I don't think you would have a bad time. Still looks awesome to me.
exitone
AG
I was there for two weeks a few years ago. I usually worked in Sao Paulo, so it was a nice break from the norm. I think the city has a large tech industry and its hard to get a job there. The reason is its a nice place to live. Clean, low crime, beautiful scenery. The beach is nice. I would consider it a nice place to live, but as a tourist destination I'm not so sure about. But then again, I think I was there in July (their winter), so it wasnt as active as it is during the summer. I have heard it is a popular place in the summer.
I would recommend going to Lagoa da Conceio. At the marina, you could get a boat to take you across the lake to an area where they had a few restaurants and shops and stuff. I wish I could be more descriptive, but I spent a great saturday afternoon there drinking beer and eating shrimp on the dock. I'm sure someone at your hotel, or a local would be able to point you to what Im poorly speaking of
There is also some artsy - hippy area / market we spent some time at. It was interesting to walk around.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.