Hou to Cun in March 2018

989 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by exitone
Wife is an Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for some advice or input on what I should be expecting to pay for flights from Houston to Cancun in March 2018. I realize it is prime spring break season but tickets right now are showing $800-$1000 each. I will need to purchase four. This is a large family trip and with my brother working for a university we were really limited to his spring break.

A quick look outside of SB months shows tickets regularly between $200-$300 each. Is $800+ what I should expect or are they just this high now hoping to get the early suckers locked in and will add more flights later? The southwest flight for our dates shows all of the Wanna Get Away fares aren't even available.

On a side note we are staying at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa and Resort in Puerto Morelos. Our 2 and 4 year olds will be with us as well. Anyone have any experience at this resort?
Premium
AG
Going to Cancun during Spring Break with 2 and 4 yo
Wife is an Aggie
I agree..... Wasn't my choice and I am not paying either (other than plane tickets). A few reviews I have read stated that this resort hasn't been bad in regards to spring breakers. It is exactly in the middle of Cancun and Playa Del Carmen so hopefully the majority of SBers stay closer to those major cities.
drumboy
AG
Wait til southwest has flights and Id expect to pay $300ish if you book early enough to get wanna get away fares.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
exitone
AG
The US State department just issued a travel warning due to the increase in homicides this year. That being said, I was down there a month ago and made it back alive. Up until recently, I used to travel to Mexico quite a bit and could feel when things were not right in Monterrey and Mexico City. I didnt get that feeling in the Playa / Cancun area. But I have been hearing lately that the cartels have been making their way into the area.

... didnt mean to hijack the thread, just thought I would mention in case this has any weight on your decision.
helloag99
exitone said:

The US State department just issued a travel warning due to the increase in homicides this year. That being said, I was down there a month ago and made it back alive. Up until recently, I used to travel to Mexico quite a bit and could feel when things were not right in Monterrey and Mexico City. I didnt get that feeling in the Playa / Cancun area. But I have been hearing lately that the cartels have been making their way into the area.

... didnt mean to hijack the thread, just thought I would mention in case this has any weight on your decision.
That should lower fares!
drumboy
AG
exitone said:

Yet Mexico City isn't on the list of places they advise against going to.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Mustang1
AG
drumboy said:

Wait til southwest has flights and Id expect to pay $300ish if you book early enough to get wanna get away fares.
Southwest is currently accepting air reservations through April 6, 2018.
Mustang1
AG
Wife is an Aggie said:

I agree..... Wasn't my choice and I am not paying either (other than plane tickets). A few reviews I have read stated that this resort hasn't been bad in regards to spring breakers. It is exactly in the middle of Cancun and Playa Del Carmen so hopefully the majority of SBers stay closer to those major cities.
Stayed at Azul Beach recently in Puerto Morelos. Not close to any night life scene in the area so you should be ok there. Only 20 min drive from airport.
exitone
AG
drumboy said:

exitone said:

Yet Mexico City isn't on the list of places they advise against going to.
Mexico City used to be the place I was worried about, and Monterrey I felt completely safe. I stopped going down there about a year or so ago, and by then it had flipped. I was more worried about Monterrey. It's sad how things have become. But if it moves into the Playa / Cancun area too much more, the tourist industry will take a massive hit and the govt will have to do something even more drastic. I think in Monterrey they have the army accompanying the police because the police cant be trusted.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.