Barcelona

672 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dcAg
txaggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Headed there in a couple months. Could really use some recommendations on the following.....

1. Hotels
2. Restaurants
3. Must dos/tours

Greatly appreciate any advice!
Kool
AG
Avoid crowds
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BSD
AG
Catch an FC Barcelona match...even if you're not a big soccer fan. The atmosphere is great at Camp Nou!

La Sagrada Familia and Park Gruel (and anything Gaudi)

Picasso museum

Absinthe bars

There's some sort of indoor farmers market near city center that was fun. It's been a while since I visited so the name escapes me.

We stayed on La Ramblas but if you aren't staying there, do it once and that's all you need.

Head west to the Cava vineyards for sparkling wine or even further to Priorat for great red wines

The Olympic area was a bit overrated in my eyes.

schmendeler
AG
Don't call them Spanish. They are Catalan.
notheranymore
Day trip to Montserrat
RachAg2007
AG
Everything Gaudi. Get tickets to Park Gell.
La Boqueria.
We enjoyed wandering around and eating everything in sight.
mike073
AG
We have eaten here on two different trips. Excellent and located just off the Ramblas.

http://loscaracoles.es/

Second on the Montserrat day trip. Check the concert schedule up there before going.

The Torres winery is one of the largest operations in the area. I think both of these can be combined for a full day.
Gig 'em Aggies!

CoreAg86
AG
Buy tickets for the Hop on Hop off bus and it takes to by all of the sites you want to see. It starts and ends at the north end of La Rambla. We were there two weeks ago and it was great weather, but lots of people. We got off on a handful of stops to see the 1992 Olympic Stadium and the much bigger stadium where FC Barcelona plays. Check out Black Lab Brewhouse near the pier.
dcAg
Take the train to Sitges. A beach/artist's town about 30-45 minutes south. Nice beach!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.