Seattle/Olympia NP in September?

393 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgRyan04
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on a week long trip to seattle and Olympic national park in late September?

What are the must see/do things for that area?

Olympic not Olympia...good grief...delete thread ban user.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Wife and I are doing this exact trip last week of Sept. Arriving Monday early afternoon. Staying near Pike Place. Taking ferry to Bainbridge and back to see sunset hitting the city. Tuesday am we pick up car and leisurely drive to Port Angeles. Wednesday head west to Sol Duc and Rialto Beach and maybe Hoh Rainforest or Cape Flattery. Thursday Hurricane Ridge area and Lake Crescent. Friday morning to Everett for Boeing tour and back to Seattle for a redeye flight home.
AgRyan04
I cant speak for September but we were there last month.

We camped at Kalaloch, which was without a doubt the highlight. It was amazing. Hands down the most beautiful campground we've stayed at and the kids had a great time running around on the beach.

I enjoyed hiking at Hurricane Ridge and the Hoh Rainforest was beautiful but we were really disappointed with the springs at Sol Duc. We didn't hike to the falls there, although I wish we could have.

There are long drives between all parts of the park so plan accordingly.

Have fun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.