Breck

661 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 62strat
htownaggie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booking a trip to Breck for February with our 4 year old. Planning to put her in ski school. Regarding lodging; Grand Lodge or Grand Timber Lodge? Obviously want something easily accessible to slopes/ski school and restaurants. It will be our first time to Breck so no idea how the mountain is laid out.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Grand Lodge you should be able to easily hop on the Gondola to get over to Peak 8/9 from 7 where school is.

Grand Timber from what I remember wouldn't be the easiest for accessing ski school for a youngster but I haven't stayed there in many years.

We may have our 3 year old in a day of school when we're in Breck this February. Last (long) weekend in February
CoolaidWade
AG
I think both should be easy access to beginner terrain. I've only been to breck once but all the easy stuff was in the middle. Peaks 6 and 10 had the bigger terrain while 7-9 was really easy. Actually even 10 isn't that hard. It's more of a beginner mountain.

The grand timber loge is ski in/out via snowflake lift.
lil99chris
AG
Grand Lodge is a newer facility and there should be a ski school setup near Grand Colorado (might be a temporary facility until the hotel is completed).

http://www.breckenridge.com/info/childlessoninfo.aspx#/Peak8
JJWAGGIE
AG
We head to Breck with our kids every year. We always stay near bottom of quicksilver lift (peak 9) for quick access to ski school/easy runs for the kids. We have been booking 1 or 2 bedroom condos at Trails End via VRBO for years now. Ski in/ski out location that works perfectly with our family for skiing and allows us to get in to town easily as well for restaurants etc..
Greener Acres
AG
I've seen that Breck has the Kinder school for 2.5-6 year old kids. What about a daycare for kids that are 2?
JJWAGGIE
AG
It's right next door to the ski school drop off on Peak 9. We have had our two younger children in their "day care" program since as young as 6 months. They do a great job.
62strat
AG
Any chance you wanna change that trip to mlk week?

https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/2850516
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.