Belfast

536 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GigEmAgs15
90 bull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flying to Belfast tomorrow night for four days. Other than a walking tour and the Giant's Causeway, what should we do?
RMC91
AG
HowdyAgs03
AG
If you're into Game of Thrones I'd highly recommend a GoT tour.
RPag
White Tavern, the oldest pub in Belfast is a neat stop. I'm not sure what walking tour you will take but I would recommend one, maybe a bus tour, that takes you through the nationalist and unionist neighborhoods so you can look at the different murals. Stormont is also a good stop if you can get a tour. I really enjoyed my visit to Belfast.
BlueAg2003
AG
The Dirty Onion is pretty cool and in the oldest building in Belfast, but its more into a hipster craft cocktails place. My favorite pub was probably the Duke of York. The alleyway has some cool murals and such, very picturesque. I also enjoyed a place called Kelly's Cellars. Also look into the murals on Shankill and Falls Roads to learn more about the conflict there in Northern Ireland from both sides. It is fascinating stuff.

DEFINITELY go to the Titanic museum. It was amazing. You can spend several hours both inside and out. It was the highlight of my trip to Belfast.

Check into a day trip to Giant's Causeway. It is only a couple of hours away but has some pretty stunning scenery. EDIT, just saw that's already on your radar.

Overall, Belfast is a pretty dreary city with a few fun things to do. I spent two days there and felt like I had just about done it all. Have fun walking around, enjoy a pint or two and report back!
GigEmAgs15
AG
Carrick-A-Rede is a historic site with a rope bridge (don't worry, it's safe) that leads you to an island with magnificent views. Also check out the Carrick-A-Rede Bar and Restaurant down the road...the GoT cast frequents it, and they have a lot of cool GoT decor.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.