Paris

1,483 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 78669AG
78669AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it worth it? Dont really have that much of an itch to go but I'm sure the ball and chain would love it
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
For sure Paris is worth a visit. Tons of stuff, great food, great places to stay, etc. etc. etc. If this is a trip with just you and spouse spring for a nicer place to stay. Trust me.

Plenty of day trip options as well.

The whole "French are snooty *******s" is from the people in Paris. In that sense, Paris is just like New York and everyone is an ass hole to some extent. But once you get outside of town, France is a lot more like Italy and everyone is generally cool.
dcAg
So much to see and do. Totally worth it. Just walking the city is a lot of fun. For the real touristy things get there as early as possible.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Oh, and for the Eiffel Tower, get an appointment as soon as you know the dates you will be in the city.
An Ag in CO
AG
Yes, Paris is a fantastic city to visit and it's tough to run out of awesome things to do no matter what your interests may be. A little bit of pre-planning goes a long way here given how popular the city is.
Always_Right
AG
My favorite city in the world, I would visit there every year if I could afford it.
All my hope is in Jesus, thank God my yesterday's gone.
schmendeler
AG
Paris
aggiesarah2004
AG
Absolutely. We just went in June and stayed at a great little hotel on an island in the Seine. I can post the name if you're interested. We also did 3 tours through Fat Tire Tours - the catacombs (highly recommend), skip-the-line Eiffel Towel tour, and a night bike tour. We had a fabulous time.
GigEmAgs15
AG
Paris is spectacular. I had been told many, many times that it's not worth the hype because it's touristy, the people are snobs, etc., but based on what I experienced, that was the farthest thing from the truth. Maybe I just happened to meet all friendly people, but Parisians were always very kind and willing to help, especially when you say you're from Texas. Just wandering the streets...it feels like you're on a movie set.
aggiegal99
If you like big cities, you'll like it. I don't, and I was relieved when we left Paris. I'm glad I saw Notre Dame and the Louvre, but it's not somewhere I have any interest in visiting again.

dcbowers
AG
Paris is over-rated.

Just kidding. Paris is great! There is this guy who has a cart outside of the Cathedral Saint-Germain-des-Pres who sells crepes topped with Nutella. That experience alone is worth the trip.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Speaking of the Louvre -- if you're any sort of an art fan, you could spend a whole week just in that building. If you're more of a casual observer, they still have amazing stuff (and an ever-present horde of asian tourists with selfie sticks crowded around the Mona Lisa). Explore a little more and you'll find this guy:

Ripe for a selfie and your own personal meme.

The Musee d'Orsay is almost the same. If you're into Monet and all of the impressionists, they have it. Lots of it.
Vernada
AG
Paris is terrific.

You could spend the whole summer there and not run out of great things to do.
BSD
AG
I had a 17 hour overnight layover there and slept 3 hours. That was 9 years ago. I've been dying to get back ever since. I figure I could two weeks in Paris alone. So yeah, worth it.
Ronnie
AG
I spent a week there for my 15th anniversary with my wife and we still had several big things we didn't have time to do. I'd love to go back.

Louvre and Orsay are musts. you can hit the high points and do those in 2 days. 2 days isn't enough for just the Louvre if you are an art nut, but in 1 day you can see most of it and the "important" or well-known pieces.

Arc De Triomphe and Eiffel tower are musts. you can do both in a day.

That's 3 days easy not counting travel, so at least another day or two on top of that. 5 day trip and you've barely scratched the surface, but certainly worth doing if that's all the time you have. Add in other highly popular destinations like Notre Dame, Versailles, Hotel Des Invalides, Rodin museum, Rue Cler, boutique shopping (several high end places).

And on top of that there's a least another weeks worth of hidden gem and slightly less popular attractions.

Doc4rock
AG
Any recommendations of high end hotels in Paris
schmendeler
AG
George V?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
78669AG said:

Is it worth it?
Yes.
aggiebrad94
AG
Going to the "City of Love" with someone you call, "ball and chain." Not sure I would waste the effort.
78669AG
aggiebrad94 said:

Going to the "City of Love" with someone you call, "ball and chain." Not sure I would waste the effort.

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.