Nashville without a car

735 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GigEmAgs15
GigEmAgs15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My friends and I are spending a few days in Nashville this winter but don't know in which area of town we should get a hotel or airbnb. We're not planning on renting a car, so ideally we'll be staying within walking distance (or a short uber drive) away.

Any recommendations for places to eat? Bars? Activities?
Matsui
AG
Lower broadway
FancyKetchup14
AG
stay near broadway or in uptown.

Re: Food...there's tons of great places there

Hattie B's (worth the wait IMO)
St Anejo's
Whiskey Kitchen
The Pharmacy (great burgers)
Butcher Town Hall
Two-Ten Jack (the best ramen I've ever had in my life, it was an out of body experience)
Pinewood Social
Burger Up
Mafiozos
The Grilled Cheeserie (check their FB page, it's a foodtruck)

Re: Bars

Broadway is a huge tourist attraction, it will be crammed from bar to bar all up and down the 4-5 blocks that make up broadway. Plenty of great bars. I recommend going to up-town as well, it's a lot of fun. I highly recommend hitting east Nashville too...it's the 'hipster' part of town but there are tons of great bars all around.

Yazoo, Tennessee brew works, and jack-a-lope are great breweries to visit.

If you can get tickets to the Bluebird cafe go check out a band there. It's very historic and a great atmosphere. If you miss out then get tickets for the Listening Room. They usually have 3-5 singer/songwriters up and they just trade off playing songs. The amount of talent in that town is just unreal.
78669AG
We stayed at the marriot downtown (courtyard) and walked to broadway. Also ubber has their own pick up location at the airport
Potcake
AG
78669AG said:

We stayed at the marriot downtown (courtyard) and walked to broadway. Also ubber has their own pick up location at the airport

We stayed at Loew's across from Vanderbilt. Walked and used uber. Agree, the ride-share area at airport was great.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
They also have the ricksha deals that are free (tip only) and will take you anywhere within a certain radius of Broadway. This wasn't widely publicized when we were there.
When I return I will stay at the Hilton off Broadway.
JSKolache
AG
Uber to bluebird cafe
GigEmAgs15
AG
Thanks everyone!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.