Senior National Park Pass Increase

11 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SbisaVictim95
Dandy 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/senior-pass-changes.htm

For all you oldies (62 and older) out there like me the National Park Service has finally set an official date to increase the lifetime pass from $10 to $80 on Aug 28. They kept saying sometime this year and it is now happening. So do yourself a favor and get one before they go up, even if you have to do it online and pay the extra $10. If you visit any kind of national park or monument, it will pay for itself the first time you use it. The great thing about it is it will also get up to 3 others in your party in free as well, regardless of their age.

So don't wait another day!!!
BSD
AG
Still a bargain!
mike073
AG
Don't lose the card. You have to pay for a new one at the new rates. Also, you have to have the card itself, not just a photo of it in one of those apps.
Gig 'em Aggies!

62strat
AG
Got my parents to buy theirs a few weeks ago. Looking to make full use of them when they come visit

Dandy, many parks charge by carfull, and one pass gets the whole vehicle in for free, not just 3.
Dandy 76
AG
62strat said:

Got my parents to buy theirs a few weeks ago. Looking to make full use of them when they come visit

Dandy, many parks charge by carfull, and one pass gets the whole vehicle in for free, not just 3.
Thanks for letting me know about the carfull charge 62 - wasn't aware of that. Pack em all in one vehicle like we used to do in the old drive-in movie days!
62strat
AG
Dandy 76 said:

62strat said:

Thanks for letting me know about the carfull charge 62 - wasn't aware of that. Pack em all in one vehicle like we used to do in the old drive-in movie days!
Yep. The verbiage from website is:
'Traveling companions can also enter for free. The Senior Passes admit pass owner/s and passengers in a noncommercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas, and pass owner plus three adults, not to exceed four adults, where per-person fees are charged.(Children under 16 are always admitted free.)'

Just no commercial, not sure if renting a 10 passenger van is considered commercial..

Kids are free anyway, so it's just adults.
SbisaVictim95
AG
Thanks, need to pass this along to my parents
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.