Groceries at Disney world

2,018 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Thinice
fish_rich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We will be staying in one of the cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness and there is a kitchen in the cabin. We would like to have some groceries for when we are at the cabin. Has anyone used delivery services or did you just make a grocery store run near by. I'm trying to look at different options and am curious what others have done. Debating between store run or delivery because it may be a hassle to go to the store on vacation.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I did a delivery service last year in Destin and it was awesome. Can't help you with Disney though.
Smokin Chisel
AG
We have gone to the publix on apopka Vineland road in that area before. It looks like gardengrocer.com is a popular Disney deliver service and you can order ahead of time and get a discount. We have not used it before but it sounds like a nice convenience. I am sure they have instacart there as well if you already belong to that service.
helloag99
We used the delivery in the ft wilderness cabins before. It was convenient but it seems like the selection was fairly limited based on my recollection. It was fine for us because we mainly did snacks and breakfast stuff. I think you can find the list of stuff that you can order on the Disney website.

If I was cooking meals I would probably want to go to the grocery store. The store in ft wilderness also has a wider selection than most Disney hotels with frozen foods and such.

Also, we rented a golf cart and it was very convenient.
Fairview
AG
Just uber back and forth to a grocery store and call it a day.
Panama Red
AG
Fairview said:

Just uber back and forth to a grocery store and call it a day.

Or, even easier, have them delivered and call it a day.
helloag99
My wife reminded me that when we did it they had just started. I was looking at the list and it doesn't look like there is any meat on it.
flown-the-coop
AG
We always rent a car when going to WDW, so its never an issue to hit the Publix on the way in. We stock up on breakfast items and snacks, and I stock up on my friends from the package store.

Even if you are arriving earlier in the day and your room may not be ready, they will check your groceries right along with your baggage, even putting your cold stuff in the fridge. Just about any convenience or option you can think of, Disney probably has a solution for it.
03TXAG
AG
We used Garden Grocer when we went earlier this year. Highly recommended, very easy.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I think we used garden grocer as well. It was awesome. We checked in. Our groceries showed up 30 minutes later.
lil99chris
AG
We used Amazon Prime for our water/foods/snacks at WDW. We had the package delivered to the resort prior to arriving.
fish_rich
AG
With Amazon Prime did they just deliver to the resort desk and you could pick it up anytime?
lil99chris
AG
That is correct. Call the resort you are staying at and confirm the delivery address.

I have done it for our last 5 visits.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
fish_rich said:

We will be staying in one of the cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness and there is a kitchen in the cabin. We would like to have some groceries for when we are at the cabin. Has anyone used delivery services or did you just make a grocery store run near by. I'm trying to look at different options and am curious what others have done. Debating between store run or delivery because it may be a hassle to go to the store on vacation.

You can buy groceries here and mail it to the resort. They will hold it for you and then you grab it when you check in. Just another idea we've done.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Used Garden Grocer back in June. If you order 30 days out you get a discount. 24 hours out they'll charge you an extra $20. Some things were reasonably priced, others not so much. Overall good experience. We were staying at the Grand Floridian and they delivered our items to bell services and notified us when they had been delivered. would use again.
Jack Klompus
AG
We got a town car service from the airport, and they stopped at Publix where we got breakfast items and beverages.
GigEmAgs15
AG
Fort Wilderness has a pretty impressive store. It's probably more expensive than buying off-property, but it'll save you the hassle.
Thinice
Last time we used Amazon Prime we got back to our room late and our order was in the room waiting.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.