Boston or NYC sometime this fall.

1,582 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GigEmAgs15
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about taking the wife to either NYC or Boston in October or early Nov.

Thoughts, recommendations, preferences for one or the other? She's been to NYC in the past and neither of us have been to Boston.
turnag4
AG
We went to Boston last summer and had a great time! My wife and I are both in our 50s, and our two sons and daughter-in-law went with us. We walked the Freedom Trail and took in a Red Sox game at Fenway. The north end section of Boston is neat with lots of unique restaurants and shops (be sure to find Acorn street). Boston public garden is nice. We had planned to visit Harvard and some museums but didn't have time. We stayed at the Westin Copley Place which has a good location. Highly recommend a Boston trip!
Always_Right
AG
Boston if you havent been.
AggieDave02
AG
Boston
SA68AG
AG
Been to both a lot of times. There's a lot more to do and see in NYC.

Boston would be a great trip but it's not New York.
TriAg2010
AG
If you've got the time, you could also do a day trip up to NH or Vermont from Boston and see the fall foliage. It's pretty spectacular if you've never seen it.
Mustang1
AG
Do both & take the train midway through the trip.
Stive
AG
Would the trees have started turning by late September?
Mustang1
AG
Late Sept-early Oct
Marvin_Zindler
AG
If you do NYC on a game weekend, make sure to stop by the NYC A&M club's watch party. It was a lot of fun.
HECUBUS
AG
Flying to NYC next week, then train to Boston. Highs in low 80's lows in 60's. Austin 102+.
Rexter
Boston is cool. We stay at the Omni Parker House. The rolls are really good. Salem is a day trip from there to Salem but the witch stuff is kinda cheesy. House of Seven Gables is in Salem too. We usually make a small road trip as well and visit Plymouth, etc.
ToddyHill
AG
Can't go wrong with either one.

I was born/raised 65 miles from NYC so I'm a bit biased. However, Boston is where my wife is from and I'd not experienced it to any great degree until after we met.

If it were me, I'd fly to Boston, drive south to Hyannis, and take the High Speed Ferry to Nantucket. But that would just about kill any time to check out Boston.
blinkags12
AG
Would do Boston over NYC if you have never been to Boston.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
NYC is what it is. Boston is cool and the people are actually really friendly. If you've never been to Boston, give it a shot. If you're athletic, the trails along the Charles river are beautiful and you can see a lot of town on foot. Check out castle island. It's pretty cool. Hit Shabu-Zen on Tyler Street for really good Japanese hot pot.

If you go to NYC, perhaps plan a trip that is "different" than last time. We usually try to pick out high end, middle of the road, cheap, and street food places to eat that we haven't been to.
HECUBUS
AG
Got to Boston today. NYC was great, but Boston is awesome. Glad we did NYC first. Fenway tomorrow, highs in the mid 70's.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
Boston in the fall and New York for Christmas.

Boston is a great town, but the above poster is right, it's not New York. Some people hate New York and some people love it, but it is the greatest city in the world.
Always_Right
AG
Kurt Gowdy said:

Boston in the fall and New York for Christmas.

Boston is a great town, but the above poster is right, it's not New York. Some people hate New York and some people love it, but it is the greatest city in the world.
Agree completely, New York for Christmas is a must do.
tsuag10
AG
Mustang1 said:

Do both & take the train midway through the trip.

Wife and I did this for our honeymoon. Boston first and then took the Acela Express bullet train to NYC Penn Station. NYC and Boston are so different. Both fun in their own ways.
ATM9000
AG
Locals in Boston really friendly to tourists? hahahahahahahahAhaha. Folks in Boston are some of the most provincial to locals you'll find in any major city.

I live in Fairfield County in CT. All I'll say is late Sep/early Oct is probably early for fall colors in the trees even in Boston.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Honesty, yes. Boston locals have always been really friendly to us.
GigEmAgs15
AG
New York at Christmas is the greatest. Haven't ever been to Boston, but I would imagine it's pretty spectacular in the fall.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.