What age for kids to start schlitterbahn/tubing comal?

773 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ag CPA
bcasey03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any opinions appreciated.
drumboy
AG
Tubing: I would say it depends on how good they are at swimming. I started young and was a strong swimmer but I got the **** scared out of me the first time tubing (probably around 9) when I got pinned against a tree. I also was sure that I was going to die in that waterfall after Prince Solms tube chute but I went over a thousand times cause I couldn't have my big brother thinking I was a pansy.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
ChampsAg
My 6 year old did the tube ride at Schlitterbahn last year and loved it. Even kept getting out of his tube much to his mother's concern. The then 2 year old rode in a tube with a bottom and we held on to it. He almost took a tumble but did ok.

This is the lazy river in the new section. Not fun trying to hold onto another tube when it's crowded. Definitely would not let him ride the tube ride in the old section. I've seen adults have issues there.

I would not let my oldest on the river in a tube at this point.
a.froman
AG
Just did Schlitterbahn with my 6 year old. If your child is over 42" they can ride pretty much everything there. Wife and I floated the river(Guadalupe)earlier this summer and the sign stated that children needed to be 7 to tube and 6 to ride in a boat. Not sure about the Comal.
tamc91
AG
The tube chute on the Comal can be pretty challenging if the flow is high. If it is crowded you can almost guarantee your group will get separated in that section. If they aren't strong swimmers, I wouldn't do it.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I have a 5 yo and 2 yo. The 2 yo has been on the Wolfpack, the falls, and the Congo river ride this year. He wears his puddle jumper and rides in a tube with a bottom. Last year was the first year my 4 yo at the time could ride master blaster, dragons revenge and the rest of them. That being said we live here and have passes so I do the rides when it isn't crowded bc it is a complete pain to try and stay next to and hold on to another tube when it's crowded.
Beckdiesel03
AG
As far as floating the rivers we don't take the kids. I think the 5 yo would do okay on the comal if we walked around the chute but I think it's just a little bit long and slow for him to enjoy at this point.
Ag CPA
AG
I grew up in NB, and I probably won't take my kids on the Comal until they are teens. Growing up in the 80s and 90s it was the local's "family river" in large part because there were limited tube rentals and shuttles, but now you have to deal with a lot of the same trash that floats the Guadalupe, and the increased crowds, because it is so easy to get on the river.

Not being judgmental, I still like the river experience as much as I did 20+ years ago but don't want to subject my kids to it yet; we float the Frio with them instead.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.