Montreal Suggestions

853 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bluegrass Ag
AggieKelly18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In Montreal for a conference for a week, any suggestions for food/beer/coffee shops in town?
PlanoAg98
AG
Old Town Montreal is pretty cool. For some reason, Montreal is known for their brick oven baked bagels. I've tried one shop it was amazing. Do some Google homework and find a spot. There's one street in downtown Montreal that is known for bars/clubs. It's great people watching at night.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
I'd be eating, drinking coffee, and drinking beer in one of the many strip clubs if I was in Montreal for a conference for a week.
PlanoAg98
AG
Montreal is known for the strip clubs. I was going to recommend that but I noticed "Kelly" in the username.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
Regardless of the OP's gender - When in Rome.....
Wicked Good Ag
Haven't been since I was a kid but most people describe Montreal as New Orleans but cleaner. Not sure if that description is accurate but even if half true it makes me want to visit sometime
Potcake
AG
Old Montreal did remind me of the FQ, mainly the architecture, although much less grimy.
Matsui
AG
one of my favorite cities
check out old town - eat some horse meat

Au Pied de Cochon

L'Express

Restaurant L'Orignal
CrottyKid
AG
I am headed to Montreal as well but in August. No strip clubs for me, but I will try to find bagels.
farmer95
AG
Gibby's Steakhouse in Old Montreal is a classic. It's in what used to be an old military garrison building. Gotta also get some smoked meat while in Montreal.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Gibby's Steakhouse in Old Montreal is a classic. It's in what used to be an old military garrison building. Gotta also get some smoked meat while in Montreal.

Correct. Montreal's smoked meat is what brisket is to Texas.
Bluegrass Ag
Go to Schwartz's

Great Deli on Rue St. Laurant

Dragged the rib there kicking and screaming in the cold, waited outside in line but best sandwich ever
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.