San Diego to Phoenix musts

594 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GoneGirl
SoTheySay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
We have a short/weird trip coming up. We have two days in San Diego (planning the zoo) then a drive to Phoenix via El Centro.

Would love suggestions on kid friendly (young kids - 2, 4 and 4) things for day 2. I'll be single parenting that day.

Then anything from San Diego to Phoenix.

I'm a big fan of hole in the wall places and hidden gems.
Punked Shank
AG
Balboa Park is a nice area to let the kids run around. La Jolla cove in La Jolla and you can check out the seals
Belton Ag
AG
Back when things were less complicated it was fun to make the run to Mexicali from Tijuana via Tecate with a stop at the Tecate Brewery beer garden. I wouldn't do it nowadays but I did it a couple times back in the early 90's.
StEdsCOOG
You'll drive right pass the Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park. Made that drive once and we ran short on time so we couldn't stop. We also went to the USS Midway which might be fun for the kids with all the aircraft on board. Or maybe visit Coronado Island. Nice beach and the aircraft flying up and down the coast was pretty neat.
Punked Shank
AG
If you're coming this weekend it's comic con weekend. Sure there will be plenty of people watching opportunities downtown if so.
GoneGirl
AG
I'd think at those ages - the harbor would be fascinating, especially if boys.

+1 on La Jolla and the seals. There's a Sea World there, but seeing the seals was better.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.