Niagra Falls, Vermont, Maine tips and recs

1,519 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Streetfighter 02
mtngoat3006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags,

My wife and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and have been planning a trip to the Northeast in mid-October to see Niagra Falls and soak up the Fall colors. We will be flying to Buffalo, NY to visit Niagra Falls for a couple of days and then head east towards Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. This will be a 10 day trip and trying to do as much as possible while we're there.

Does anyone have any advice, tips, recommendations for Niagra Falls, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Portland, Maine? We'll be staying on the Canadian side of Niagra Falls and needing lodging for Vermont, New Hampshire, and Portland, Maine. Any advice and tips on what not to do or avoid is welcome, too. As stated in another thread, sarcastic jokes and comments are also welcome and appreciated...

Thanks in advance, Ags. Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated!

MN
Class of '86
Wicked Good Ag
mtngoat3006 said:

Howdy Ags,

My wife and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and have been planning a trip to the Northeast in mid-October to see Niagra Falls and soak up the Fall colors. We will be flying to Buffalo, NY to visit Niagra Falls for a couple of days and then head east towards Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. This will be a 10 day trip and trying to do as much as possible while we're there.

Does anyone have any advice, tips, recommendations for Niagra Falls, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Portland, Maine? We'll be staying on the Canadian side of Niagra Falls and needing lodging for Vermont, New Hampshire, and Portland, Maine. Any advice and tips on what not to do or avoid is welcome, too. As stated in another thread, sarcastic jokes and comments are also welcome and appreciated...

Thanks in advance, Ags. Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated!

MN
Class of '86

Well it is Niagara Falls to start since we can be sarcastic.

That said mist boat tour would be a good start

As for lodging during fall foliage you need to plan rec for lodging ASAP and expect it to be expensive as it is the extreme high season. Haven't ever been but have read up on it for a future trip with wife who loves lighthouses
Try to make a basic intenary of what you want to do and let us know and maybe we can help but I wouldn't miss Acadia National Park which I saw as a kid.
malenurse
AG
Mtngoat, my wife and I are doing somewhat a reverse of your trip. We are flying to Boston, then driving to Portland. Then two days in Bartlett, NH and then two days in Burlington, VT. No Niagra for us.

A co-worker who grew up in NH has recommended the area around White Mtn National Forest as the prettiest and best for fall leaf viewing. Another friend just got back from the Portland area and had a great time.

Their was a fall leaf viewing thread which I cannot find right now. Do some searching and it might turn up.

We will probably pass each other on the roads. We will be travelling Oct 10 thru the 17th.
mtngoat3006
Thanks, y'all for taking the time to response to my post. But, I sure feel like a doofus for misspelling Niagara! Darn spellcheck never works when you want it! LOL

Both Vermont and New Hampshire appear to have lots of areas to discover and explore during our first "leaf peeping" adventure. We've been searching all types of lodging all over Vermont and will probably wind up in Concord, NH, before trekking onward to Portland.

Have a great trip, male nurse, and thanks for the tips and grammar check Wicked Good Ag!

Happy trails!
malenurse
AG
Don't wait much longer to start making reservations. Things are booking up quickly.
Tatem
my husband is from that area so we go to niagara a lot
niagara on the lake is amazing older town, there's an old hotel there that is beautiful. oct weather will be awesome
not a huge deal but the home of the 1st chicken wing bar is in buffalo. we stopped on our way to niagara 2 years ago
Always_Right
AG
Went to Niagara Falls last week, it was completely packed so I would recommend getting there as early as you can to avoid the crowds.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Maine Thread

Here's an entire thread about travelling in Maine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.