Miami recommendations?

814 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dcAg
Kyle04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Me and the Mrs are planning a trip to Miami in August (without kids). We haven't been since the 2007 the Aggie football game there (remember that butt kicking?... Ags were losing 24-0 at the half!!).

We want to stay on South Beach. We're looking for recs on where to stay, what to do, where to eat, etc

TIA
HollywoodBQ
AG
Ouch.... I had buried that loss at the Orange Bowl deep in the memory banks. I was at that game too.

3 years ago, I took the wife and kids to the 305 for a few days on the way back from Puerto Rico to H-Town.

I unloaded a metric crapton of Marriott points and stayed on South Beach at a hotel called Winter Haven. It's a Marriott super duper - Class 9 property. It's one of the art deco hotels on Ocean Avenue. The hotel room was OLD. What do you expect from the 20s/30s. But, the location was great. Tons of restaurants and beach within easy walking distance.

For fun, we did go to a Miami Marlins game one night which is on the site of the old Orange Bowl. That was a different baseball experience. Complete with hot Cubanita cheerleaders and a few Latin pretty boys to support them.

For food, my favorite in Miami is the Houston's in North Miami Beach. I love the food and the setting in a marina. I personally think it's great value.
Panama Red
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

For food, my favorite in Miami is the Houston's in North Miami Beach. I love the food and the setting in a marina. I personally think it's great value.

Recommend the spinach-artichoke dip?
aggie7911
south beach
I Play With Guns
S
Prime Fish

Sooooooo damn good
dcAg
I'm going to stay in our condos at the W Hotel/Residence. I suggest that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.